Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Shield for a Snubby

I made basically the same holster from a milk jug, but added a slot for a body armor strap, wore it on my vest under my shirt.

I have been using this holster for twenty years — made by PF member, SteveB. He just sent me three more.

Name:  7CDF121A-6F35-49C5-994E-2A01881D1071.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  63.6 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I have been carrying my 432 more than my 642. The former is lighter and has one more round. Perhaps I have a fantasy from the old Johnny Ringo TV show. He carried a LeMat and when the bad guys though he was out of ammo, he would surprise them with the shotgun barrel. So perhaps, a bad guy will be surprised by an extra 32 HR round. No serious comments on this please.

I took Claude's class with the 642 and it's a fine gun. I've shot IDPA and a local short range match with it. I can hit the targets just fine. I even made the longer distance (by IDPA standards) one shot on the head target only target. I did comment elsewhere that in full TX sunlight the CT laser was not visible except close up.

The 432 is just plain ol' sights with some orange paint on the front. My G42 has been funky and I need to run it more before I trust it, but I've been distracted from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I have been carrying my 432 more than my 642. The former is lighter and has one more round. Perhaps I have a fantasy from the old Johnny Ringo TV show. He carried a LeMat and when the bad guys though he was out of ammo, he would surprise them with the shotgun barrel. So perhaps, a bad guy will be surprised by an extra 32 HR round. No serious comments on this please.

The 432 is just plain ol' sights with some orange paint on the front. My G42 has been funky and I need to run it more before I trust it, but I've been distracted from that.
    I'm very fond of my 432.

Name:  432.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  63.2 KB
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

Site Supporter
    My regret is that when they were dumping them at the gun show, I didn't buy two. They were $330 ish at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
    I'm very fond of my 432.

Name:  432.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  63.2 KB
    Love those grips...are they from a currently available source? Thank in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Love those grips...are they from a currently available source? Thank in advance.
    No, sorry. They're from my antique collection. They're probably at least 30 years old, if not 50.
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Those look like Fitz grips. They are plastic. I have two sets that are a wood look brown. They show up occasionally on EBAY. They give you very good control on a J frame.
    Billy

Gunsmith, M/C mechanic, Retired Army, NRA Life Member
    "When you have to shoot...Shoot don't talk" Tuco

Like Claude, I’m a fan of antique grips too. I think much of what is, “Tactical,” versus what is truly, “usable,” gets wrecked in translation and the passage of time.

The old, “banana,” grips for j frames are great, and you can find modern renditions of them on EBay, and CDNN for cheap prices. Search, “Sile,” “Ajax,” and, “Fitz,” grips on ebay.

civiliandefender.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bushytale View Post
    Those look like Fitz grips. They are plastic. I have two sets that are a wood look brown. They show up occasionally on EBAY. They give you very good control on a J frame.
    They are Fitz. I have another set in Brown.

User Tag List