Thread: Slide bite

Slide bite

Hi all,
    I have a fairly new G43 and I absolutely love it! Of all the single stack pistols I’ve tried, it shoots the best and most easily for me. It’s also the first pistol I’ve found completely comfortable to carry all day. Only downside is, it’s the first pistol I’ve shot that I get slide bite from. I’m by no means an expert or a great shooter, but I do shoot a decent amount and I’ve been shooting for most of my fairly young life, so I’m not new to it. I have found that if I adjust my strong hand thumb placement and grip really tightly with it(basically pressing down on my support hand) that keeps my hand out of the way of the slide, but I am having a hard time maintaining that grip while firing. That thumb normally doesn’t do anything so it’s hard to adjust. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or do I just really need to focus on adjusting my grip? Getting rid of the gun is not an option, I’d rather just deal with this. I’m just wondering if I could be doing something better or differently to prevent it.
    Thanks
    Nate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by leathermaneod View Post
    Hi all,
    I have a fairly new G43 and I absolutely love it! Of all the single stack pistols I’ve tried, it shoots the best and most easily for me. It’s also the first pistol I’ve found completely comfortable to carry all day. Only downside is, it’s the first pistol I’ve shot that I get slide bite from. I’m by no means an expert or a great shooter, but I do shoot a decent amount and I’ve been shooting for most of my fairly young life, so I’m not new to it. I have found that if I adjust my strong hand thumb placement and grip really tightly with it(basically pressing down on my support hand) that keeps my hand out of the way of the slide, but I am having a hard time maintaining that grip while firing. That thumb normally doesn’t do anything so it’s hard to adjust. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or do I just really need to focus on adjusting my grip? Getting rid of the gun is not an option, I’d rather just deal with this. I’m just wondering if I could be doing something better or differently to prevent it.
    Thanks
    Nate

Welcome to the world of high grip on a Glock....Unfortunately with glocks, the only resolution, is using the beavertail backstrap on the larger models, or adjusting your grip slightly to give the slide clearance. I have medium to smallish hands and even with my grip, the slide will just ever so lightly remind me it is moving when I am shooting them.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Welcome to the world of high grip on a Glock....Unfortunately with glocks, the only resolution, is using the beavertail backstrap on the larger models, or adjusting your grip slightly to give the slide clearance. I have medium to smallish hands and even with my grip, the slide will just ever so lightly remind me it is moving when I am shooting them.

TXPO
    Thanks for the reply! Interestingly, when I got my first Glocks, I thought that slide bite would be an issue and I immediately tried the medium beavertail backstrap. It seemed to make the grip too big, so I took it off, but I didnt get slide bite with my G33 or G19. Ill just have to work on pushing that thumb down haha. It’s not bad if I don’t shoot much, but today I shot quite a bit and had to clean some blood off the slide lol. It’s weird though because it’s not even a cut, just an abrasion. After washing my hands it’s just a slightly pink spot.

User Tag List