Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For anyone who has run a Glock 19 with a KKM comp

For anyone who has run a Glock 19 with a KKM comp

For anyone who has run a Glock 19 with a KKM compensator and barrel, did you run everything else stock or did you have to play with springs, extractors, etc. for reliability?

This would be a Glock 19 gen 5 or a 19X, so that make a bit of difference in any suggestions.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Speederlander; 10-03-2018 at 02:59 PM.

I ASSume you mean the comp, not a suppressor.

My brother's 19.4 Roland Special (kkm/comp, atei pro cut milled for rmr) wouldn't reliably feed 115 range (required) ammo. Also if shooting WHO, and the grip wasn't solid, it wouldn't eject reliably. Not willing to do the spring thing, so went with a V1 barrel instead. Flat shooting pistol when using ammo with enough power.
    Last edited by theJanitor; 10-03-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I ASSume you mean the comp, not a suppressor.

My brother's 19.4 Roland Special (kkm/comp, atei pro cut milled for rmr) wouldn't reliably feed 115 range (required) ammo. Also if shooting WHO, and the grip wasn't solid, it wouldn't eject reliably. Not willing to do the spring thing, so went with a V1 barrel instead. Flat shooting pistol when using ammo with enough power.
    Gah, brain fart. Fixed that in the post, thanks.

Could a mod fix the thread title. It's a bit misleading.

Do you figure it would have been the same without the RMR? An RMR won't enter into my picture on this.
    Last edited by Speederlander; 10-03-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    Gah, brain fart. Fixed that, thanks.

Do you figure it would have been the same without the RMR? An RMR won't enter into my picture on this.
    Don't know, as the RMR went on first, and the gun will never be run without it

Site Supporter
    For anyone who has run a Glock 19 with a KKM compensator and barrel, did you run everything else stock or did you have to play with springs, extractors, etc. for reliability?

This would be a Glock 19 gen 5 or a 19X, so that make a bit of difference in any suggestions.

Thanks.
    It is designed to run on +P or nato spec duty ammo. It runs reliably with the ammo it was designed for.

If you want to run anemic 115 grain ball ammo you may need a lighter spring.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It is designed to run on +P or nato spec duty ammo. It runs reliably with the ammo it was designed for.

If you want to run anemic 115 grain ball ammo you may need a lighter spring.
    So as long as the ammo is sufficiently powerful, no other changes to the internals should be needed.

Site Supporter
    So as long as the ammo is sufficiently powerful, no other changes to the internals should be needed.
    correct.

Has been stated by the creator via podcast on primary and secondary only to use +p, nato and full power duty rounds for correct function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Has anyone ever shot the compensator with the front sight attached? I don't think they're KKM.

This gains you a front sight that doesn't reciprocate with the slide.

I wonder if that's an advantage worth pursuing.

I must have run 1-2K rds through a Gen 3 G19 with KKM barrel and comp. It ran beautifully with OEM springs on the Lawman 115 and 124 grain I was shooting almost exclusively at that time. The only hitch I saw was just on the eve of and in the warm up DAY 1 in my Gabe White school when I fouled my grip a couple times getting way too high and got some heavy slide bite. It fouled the cycling and closed the slide back on the empty.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List