Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TX DPS Trooper shot and killed on Thanksgiving

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Judge explains the bond... I think one of our shitty liberal NM Judges ended up in Texas somehow.
    http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/judge...pect/495037714

We're up to 3 assaults on LE and now a murder...
    That translates to “Don’t consider assaults on Law Enforcement to be a serious crime”. It is very common in courtrooms and District Attorney’s offices all over the country.
    I drove by the roadside memorial for this Trooper yesterday. Very sad, especially when we know this scumbag should never have been out of jail.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Judge explains the bond... I think one of our shitty liberal NM Judges ended up in Texas somehow.
    http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/judge...pect/495037714

We're up to 3 assaults on LE and now a murder...
    The judges statements explain a lot......NOT!

I didn’t know he could get out on that? I didn’t know his previous history?? WTF are the taxpayers of that community paying for. If that’s an elected position that moron needs to be unemployed yesterday. Not much good to be said of the prosecution either. Wouldn’t his history of violence be justification for no bond or at least a high one?

I watched the linked new article.

Yes, a bond is set to ensure that the defendant shows up for court. But the bond also is set based on the perceived threat the defendant poses to the community until such time as the case can be adjudicated. Anyone who would knowingly attack/assault a Law Enforcement Officer poses a potential threat to the safety of the general public. If they would knowingly attack an armed and trained LEO without any remorse, they are even less hesitant to attack a member of the general public.

In my experience, Judges are political animals. Some are conservative and you don't want to go before them on a charge of assault on a PO. But some are very liberal and are more concerned about political correctness. I've seen a few over the years that are blatantly bias against LEO's.

Judges are also elected to their position. Sooner or later this judge will have to run for re-election. I hope that the voters of Smith County Texas remember this incident when it's election time.

Site Supporter
    So prior to the 2016 incident where this suspect rammed a Deputy’s Vehicle, he assaulted another Deputy and tried to disarm him.

Tyler, TX – A Texas state trooper was murdered on Thanksgiving Day by a repeat offender who had been given ridiculously low bail by a judge in July, after previously beating a deputy and trying to take his gun (video of attack below.)

In 2015, Dabrett Black attacked Smith County Deputy Rigele Dean on the side of a rural road in Smith County when the deputy tried to detain him.

The incident was captured on Deputy Dean’s dashcam.

But court records showed that Jacob Putnam, a Smith County prosecutor, cut a plea deal dropping Black’s assault on a peace officer charge to a misdemeanor, WFAA reported. He also agreed to drop a felony charge that Black tried to take away the deputy’s gun.
    https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesma...uU-3KOvjZPfkig

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So prior to the 2016 incident where this suspect rammed a Deputy’s Vehicle, he assaulted another Deputy and tried to disarm him.
    This is terribly disappointing. Not unexpected, necessarily, but disappointing. There was a time when I wouldn't have expected this level of ineptitude and spinelessness from the Texas judicial system.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    This is terribly disappointing. Not unexpected, necessarily, but disappointing. There was a time when I wouldn't have expected this level of ineptitude and spinelessness from the Texas judicial system.
    Yet another example of how Texas is becoming California 3.0 (only because Colorado got there first).
    Last edited by Trooper224; 12-03-2017 at 02:36 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesma...uU-3KOvjZPfkig
    I’m in Gregg cty. which is next to Smith cty where the 2015 incident took place.

Listened to a clip this week where Matt Bingham (current Smith cty DA) was asked about why he accepted the ADA’s rec. on how to handle prosecuting the 2015 incident etc.

BLUF was a bunch of ass covering (my shocked face also) on how the 2015 incident was handled AND the ADA that handled it is the ONLY Republican candidate on the slate to succeed Bingham in the coming election.

Time for me to reach out to some local LE buds (DPS etc) as I’m sure they’ll have a thought or three on the entire cluster frack.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Yet another example of how Texas is becoming California 3.0 (only because Colorado got there first).
    This deeply concerns me. I talked to a guy in the gym who quietly told me he was from California and that he was worried Texas is following in its footsteps.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    This deeply concerns me. I talked to a guy in the gym who quietly told me he was from California and that he was worried Texas is following in its footsteps.
    I keep telling this to my friends in Texas and they don't want to hear it. They just go home, watch Giant and keep living in denial. I was born in California and have spent quite a bit of time in Texas, the parallels are obvious.

Californians are like cancer: they spread to anywhere positive and productive, then corrupt it.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 12-03-2017 at 08:24 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I keep telling this to my friends in Texas and they don't want to hear it. They just go home, watch Giant and keep living in denial. I was born in California and have spent quite a bit of time in Texas, the parallels are obvious.

Californians are like cancer: they spread to anywhere positive and productive, then corrupt it.
    I have actually found that a majority of the Californian's coming to Texas are not the issue. The Uber liberal douches that have destroyed many places don't find Texas appealing. It is ugly by California standards, the weather sucks, they don't like he people, don't like the policies, don't like the lack of services, and people are very "Churchy". Texas appeals greatly to people like me who fled California to Texas and showed up with the same Conservative values that were the pinnacle of California when I grew up, and I vote correctly. The problem in Texas is what killed California, "consumers" growing in massive numbers in large metropolitan areas out voting the "producers" from elsewhere. Tons of immigrants (because the economy is good) that are coddled to by the liberals, many "metropolitian" voters from other places brought in with corporate moves, and other plagues of growing large cities full of renters and not staked land owners. It is easy to blame "Californian's", but what it is is the same factors that flipped California from the place I grew up to the place I left. I am also finding a lot of conservative Folks from Colorado leaving because of the same issues there.
    The key for Texas will be to encourage the Folks who love welfare, marijuana, and "safety nets" that are more like parasitic lifestyles to move to the places like California that encouraging that.
    The same factors that allow Maxine Waters to exist also allow Sheila Jackson Lee to exist. Those are all homegrown.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 12-07-2017 at 09:02 AM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List