Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: New Primary Arms red dot blem $69.99

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Heads up, they have more. Cosmetic defects, $58.49 plus shipping.

https://www.primaryarms.com/blem-md-...product-review
    They have quite a few blem scopes: Sale Name: Clearance, Sale, Sale Categories: Primary-Arms-Optics-Blem-Sale
    In the past, the "blemish" has often been a non-standard mount, or an inability to function with night vision devices.

(EDIT: Just realized most of those show out of stock, sorry about that.)
    Last edited by Drang; 12-30-2018 at 04:32 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    So far, I have good luck with PA blems - 1x6, 1x8, and 4X14. I ordered another 4x14 on the recent sale.

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    I ordered one. Just curious for those who were putting them on shotguns last go-around, anything significant to report one year later?
    I have one of the 50k hour units from the sale earlier this year. It ran fine on my 870 in Bolke’s October class. It was only a dozen or so slug/buck and maybe 200 birdshot.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    I've never tried a red dot. Would a 2-minute dot be too small to pick up quickly? Main usage would be on my 590A1 for in-the-house stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I've never tried a red dot. Would a 2-minute dot be too small to pick up quickly? Main usage would be on my 590A1 for in-the-house stuff.
    My nephew has Mr. Magoo eyesight and he has no problems with the 2 moa dot. Having it on the correct brightness setting is probably more important than dot size.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    My nephew has Mr. Magoo eyesight and he has no problems with the 2 moa dot. Having it on the correct brightness setting is probably more important than dot size.
    This. I have several 2-MOA dots, just make sure the brightness is high enough and you should be able to pick it up no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    I have one of the 50k hour units from the sale earlier this year. It ran fine on my 870 in Bolke’s October class. It was only a dozen or so slug/buck and maybe 200 birdshot.
    Same here. I had one mounted on the 870 testbed shotgun that one of my nephews ran in that class. It ran fine for him with no issues. He's used to a M68 Aimpoint on an Army M4.

I'm going to keep beating on it until it breaks. I am pretty sure it will, it's an interesting exercise.

This is what I ended up doing with mine. I used the target to sight in 3 different pistols, the 2 circled groups were the final two to confirm zero on this dot.

I like it and I'll certainly consider 1 or more for my fun time firearms.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

New Primary Arms red dot blem $69.99

I wish there were more “blems” to be had.
    Last edited by Appalachained; 02-05-2019 at 12:31 PM.

Bumping this thread for a review of this $70 red dot after 2 1/2 years of use, also to see how other people's have held up. TL;DR version. It still works and is still on the same battery that PA shipped with it. I've left it on this whole time on setting 5-7.

Long version. It survived many months of use on my AK mounted on the Ultimak. It got so hot on several occasions riding on the Ultimak over a few thousand rounds that I was sure it was gonna kill it but it just kept working. It's been moved back and forth several times between different AKs of mine, my kids M&P 15-22, my wife's AR pistol, but it's sat for a few months in the safe unused. I decided to throw it on one of my 6933 uppers this morning but I couldn't find the lower 1/3 mount that came with it. The blemished part of these is in the machining for the mount so they won't fit a T1 mounting pattern like the non blemished version.
    Or will it....

I compared the mounting holes in the optic with this T1 compatible Holosun mount that I had laying around and it became clear that the holes were in the right location, but the little square nub on the bottom of the optic, the same nub that is on the Aimpoint Micros, was in the wrong spot. I took a sharp file and removed some material from the backside of that nub until the holes in the mount and the holes in the optic lined up. Now it will fit any T1 mount out there, even though I have no plans to switch mounts unless I break this one. All in all, if it dies later today while I'm at the range I can say that I've got my $70 and then some out of it.

Attachment 53175

User Tag List