Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: There has to be some sort of ritual we can do

There has to be some sort of ritual we can do.. EDIT: video is back up

to keep things like this from existing

:57 seemed rather unsafe, among others.
    Last edited by fuse; 01-23-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    :57 seemed rather unsafe, among others.
    It's the rush to be more "hardcore" and "realistic" than the next guy, and it's getting downright silly. Seriously, what's the thing with playing pattycake with the big stick before shooting SHO? What skill or habit does that assist, inculcate, aid, teach, or reinforce?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Sometimes the blog posts just write themselves.....
    #RESIST

Somebody's going to get shot.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    The "ritual" is to spot nonsense and mercilessly call it what it is. Actually attempting to force a student who is finger-on-trigger with a cocked firearm to lose balance and fall is nonsense.

And what's with the cardboard box? "If you happen to find yourself fighting from behind a refrigerator box, roll it along in front of you as you move, 'cause it's *great* cover".

Or could they just afford one for their shooting from cover/concealment drills, so they have to move it from position to position?

For S&Gs I googled Xia Tactical, and there is a blog entry entitled "Asshat Pistol Training With Bamboo Logs And Lawn Chairs." http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/201...d-lawn-chairs/
    ...but not much else.

The good news: they are located in Peru, so at least this idiocy isn't in my backyard.

The bad news: someone watching this on YouTube will think it's a really good idea. Look for news articles about some AD/ND incidents involving lawn chairs, poles, or cardboard boxes.

J.Ja
    Owner/President of Titanium Crowbar, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    For S&Gs I googled Xia Tactical, and there is a blog entry entitled "Asshat Pistol Training With Bamboo Logs And Lawn Chairs." http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/201...d-lawn-chairs/
    ...but not much else.
    It must be "bad idea Monday", I visited that site, and this is what I saw in the ad on the right:

Name:  funnyad.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  17.1 KB

J.Ja
    Owner/President of Titanium Crowbar, LLC

Bamboo logs add an eastern flair that really brings in the martial arts feel. I mean, what's more legit than bamboo? Oh yeah, actual techniques taught by legitimate instructors. My bad.

If someone hits me with a bamboo pole, I'm going to either hit them back with it (i was waiting for someone to use it to leg-sweep the instructor, way to let me down guys) or I'm going to shoot the person hitting me (again...epic fail on entertaining me, students in the video). Not get up and run away shooting at a completely different target. I hope "threat recognition" wasn't a syllabus item on the class, because drawing to shoot somebody 10 yards away while being hit with a bamboo pole seems like my prioritization of immediate danger is a bit off.

Some of the pole dancing maneuvers might be handy if SHOT coincides with the AVN convention again, again.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List