Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK Smitty's What issue do I have here?

OK Smitty's What issue do I have here?

In doing a detained cleaning I noticed this.

I assume it's being done by the striker but I'm not sure why. You can clearly see the plating coming off.

Thoughts, solutions?

G19.3

Last edited by SC_Dave; 11-23-2017 at 10:06 AM.

Is it causing a malfunction? Loss in trigger functionality? Is not drop safe anymore? Loss of accuracy?

If none of those things, put it back in and keep going. If it bothers you that much, replace it - they don't cost that much.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

[QUOTE=voodoo_man;676729]Is it causing a malfunction? Loss in trigger functionality? Is not drop safe anymore? Loss of accuracy?

If none of those things, put it back in and keep going. If it bothers you that much, replace it - they don't cost that much.[/QUOTE

No, no malfunctions. I just finished a one day training class with no issues, so when doing a thorough cleaning I noticed it. I have a two day in two weeks and wanted to head of an issue if in-fact their is one. Thanks Voodoo.
    FF
    Last edited by SC_Dave; 11-23-2017 at 10:23 AM.

That looks pretty shiny. I that out of a trigger kit? If so, do you still have the original?

If there is stuff flaking off I would replace it.

What does your striker look like? Spring OK?

[QUOTE=SC_Dave;676737]
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Is it causing a malfunction? Loss in trigger functionality? Is not drop safe anymore? Loss of accuracy?

If none of those things, put it back in and keep going. If it bothers you that much, replace it - they don't cost that much.[/QUOTE

No, no malfunctions. I just finished a one day training class with no issues, so when doing a thorough cleaning I noticed it. I have a two day in two weeks and wanted to head of an issue if in-fact their is one. Thanks Voodoo.
    FF
    Just order another one to have on hand just in case.

I mean, you should have a complete rebuild kit (or two) on hand at all times.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

[QUOTE=voodoo_man;676748]
    Quote Originally Posted by SC_Dave View Post

Just order another one to have on hand just in case.

I mean, you should have a complete rebuild kit (or two) on hand at all times.
    Actually I do, like you I believe it's wise. I'm gonna replace it because my OCD won't let me do other wise. I guess it's possible it was a bad plating job. IDK. Thanks Voodoo.
    SCD
    Last edited by SC_Dave; 11-23-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    That looks pretty shiny. I that out of a trigger kit? If so, do you still have the original?

If there is stuff flaking off I would replace it.

What does your striker look like? Spring OK?
    It's the OEM. I hand polished it. I have a OEM replacement, I'm gonna put it in and keep an eye on it. The striker and striker spring are OEM as well and they look fine. Thanks Bill.
    SCD

Look at that little striker safety block spring too. It's pretty easy to get them in crooked and mash them.

Thanks Bill, hadn’t thought about that. I did have one get crooked on me some time back. I do know that it was in straight when I disassembled it today. I figured out that as far as the OEM springs they tend to stay put better if you press it into the FP safety between your thumb and forefinger prior to installing into the slide. It seems to snap into the socket. Thanks.
    SCD

Site Supporter
    Uneven wear on this part is why Glock went with a different shape on the 42/43/Gen 5.

Glock parts are cheap, replace itif you want but it is possible you cause the issue by over polishing.

APEX makes a "pre polished" FP Safety plunger.

User Tag List