Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Speedloaders

I wonder if they work as well on the 6 shot S&Ws? The hks for K frame 22 Smiths are not very good.

I’m an HKS guy, in regards to speedloaders.

Moving to 9mm in my 642-1, I’m now a big fan of moonclips. Unsure if Colts can be setup that way, but another consideration, if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I wonder if they work as well on the 6 shot S&Ws? The hks for K frame 22 Smiths are not very good.
    I bought a slew of the K22 speedloaders made by HKS for when I was shooting my 17-5 in rimfire challenge matches. They all worked well, no issues whatsoever with the speedloaders. Tuff Strips makes ammo retention devices for .22's that have worked quite well for me thus far. I've come to the conclusion that reloading a rimfire revolver is going to be an administrative action, not an emergency reload. To that end I haven't bothered with acquiring a speed loader for any rimfire round guns except for an LCRx .22 Mag, well actually for a 351 but they seem to work.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I have a couple 3, they have always been pretty poor compared to centerfire ones. The wobble factor of the bullets and the super short amount of round sticking out seemed to make their use an exercise in frustration for me. I mostly just gave up on them as being more trouble than they were worth. Maybe I gave up too soon?
    Last edited by Malamute; 01-01-2018 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I have a couple 3, they have always been pretty poor compared to centerfire ones. The wobble factor of the bullets and the super short amount of round sticking out seemed to make their use an exercise in frustration for me. I mostly just gave up on them as being more trouble than they were worth. Maybe I gave up too soon?
    Probably not. The ONLYest reason I used them was so as to not hold up the bottom feeders. They tend to get impatient when a feller with a round gun steps up.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Just saw a promo where Lyman has jumped into the speedloader game. Shaved sides of the loader for more access to small frame revos. Kimber comes to mind and J frames, sure Colt D frames are in there.

Here's a link: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...-aluminum-blue
    Last edited by Zeke38; 01-10-2018 at 12:06 PM. Reason: add data

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Just saw a promo where Lyman has jumped into the speedloader game. Shaved sides of the loader for more access to small frame revos. Kimber comes to mind and J frames, sure Colt D frames are in there.

Now that sounds interesting. Maybe have to try one. I really like the simple operation of the Comp-I's I currently have.

Man, thanks for that link. I will be a beta guy on these for sure. I hope they release the same direction as the HKS (as opposed to 5stars, going the opposite way). I’ve got a lot of water under the bridge with my thumb rolling one direction under class/competition pressure.

I will be buying some as well. I'm especially interested in the J-frame model.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I will be buying some as well. I'm especially interested in the J-frame model.
    No kidding. These look to be the ticket, if they work as advertised.

User Tag List