Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Is 2018 the year of the "stock" carry pistol

Site Supporter
    With my new 19.5 with Ameriglo sights, there is nothing that I think needs changing (except for getting a gadget when they become available). I also have a new G43 (Talo edition) with Ameriglo sights. I need to shoot it a little more before I carry it, but I haven't found anything about it that I want to change.

Typically, the aftermarket does a good job of finding ways to arguably improve factory Glocks. Glock watches what happens and integrates some of these features into the following generations. Aside from the Gadget, it's not obvious to me how the Gen5 pistols can be made better.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

For the purpose of describing “stock,” I was excluding sights, and superficial things like a Talon grip decal.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Is that what the cool kids are doing now? Much like my wardrobe of jeans and a t-shirt, if I wait long enough, I come back into fashion.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Yeah. Ernest Langdon and Bill Wilson did the accessorizing for me.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

I have always ran stock Guns for carry. I guess being an HK fanboy has its perks. I am really enjoying my stock Gen 5 guns. Only thing done to them are sights and minor tweaks to the cut out being razor sharp.

Since I H ave decided not to K ompromise, all I need are Trijicons. And maybe a larger mag release
    Taking a break from social media.

They never went anywhere.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Nope. I will continue to have my DA/SA pistols worked over by Robert Burke, but he uses stock parts and doesn’t swap in aftermarket triggers. At best maybe one single spring swap in an HK. When my first pull is 8 lbs I do not worry about modification in the slightest. Now strikers, for me, have always been 100% stock unmodified. I won’t touch them for anything.

Interesting topic, GJM. For me 2018 looks like the year of carrying a significantly customized gun for the first time. Glocks are an excellent platform, and I'll always own them and keep refreshing my skills with them. But, the advantages of carrying a gun that's similar to what I compete with are clear to me. Since the bulk of my practice is with a Shadow 2, I want the subconscious mastery to transfer to my carry gun--a P-07 with CGW parts (8.5# DA and 4# SA).
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Depends what altitude you are observing at. Here at P-F the opinions are known, but if you go to the other end of the spectrum (Instagram & Industry, for lack of better terms) then the aftermarket promotion of bullshit and milled/cut/finished pistols is as strong as ever and that is building consumer desire.

I think @Dagga Boy said it in a recent thread but it is all about buying performance and I don't see that changing.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

User Tag List