Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Is 2018 the year of the "stock" carry pistol

well shoot. guess i'll just retain my Px4 9mm with all its stock pieces and parts and put the race gun back in the safe.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Has someone discovered a cure for tinkeritus?
    I'm kind of an "anti-tinkerer". Other than replacing springs, and the occasional broken part, the most I've done is replace grips.

I've pretty much avoided Glock's because I know I'd need to replace those sights right off the bat, and I don't want to do it. Heck, I'm mildly attracted to the 92FS/M9 because it has the front sight milled into the slide.

Site Supporter
    Neh.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Everyone tired of the PX4CC all of the sudden?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Depends what altitude you are observing at. Here at P-F the opinions are known, but if you go to the other end of the spectrum (Instagram & Industry, for lack of better terms) then the aftermarket promotion of bullshit and milled/cut/finished pistols is as strong as ever and that is building consumer desire.

I think @Dagga Boy said it in a recent thread but it is all about buying performance and I don't see that changing.
    It’s just getting to be a trend here. I see it getting worse in the industry where LEGO AR’s and Glocks are the future and the YouTube gunsmith is real.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Hell no. I’ve tinkered with all of the guns that I’ve carried on a regular basis. Same with vehicles. All of mine over the years have been modified to one degree or another...saving up for a bigger turbo now for the truck
    Shoot more, post less...

Regarding my HKs, I'm completely satisfied with them as they came out of the box (P30L V1 with Meprolight tritium sights, and VP40 with Meprolight tritium sights); with my Beretta 92D, with additional aftermarket components from Wilson Combat, ToolTech, and BUSA, with my Glocks, tuned only with Glock components (but on my Gen4 G22, the only changes made are with a Glock Extended Slide Release, Glock steel sights, and a Glock FBI extended magazine release; my Gen 3s are further tuned with Glock action component swaps).

Those are my main platforms, and it looks like the HKs will likely see the heaviest usage this year, incorporating duty, competition (IDPA) and concealed carry/home defense-and they're as they came out of the box.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I see it getting worse in the industry where LEGO AR’s and Glocks are the future and the YouTube gunsmith is real.
    This is the main reason why I tend avoid used 1911's. In my opinion the 1911 needs a real gunsmith and unfortunately, there are fewer and fewer of these around, and a whole lot more "tinkerers".

Just because there are 1911 parts available everywhere, and YouTube videos abound, folks who grew up with the LEGO-like Glock and AR want to get into "gunsmithing" a 1911, "because I've built an AR and done a trigger job on my Glock". I'm reasonably 1911 knowledgeable, but I typically don't have the skill to fix the problems some of these folks have done to their 1911's, turning a perfectly functioning gun into a paperweight.

For Glocks, no. They need a Gadget (and new sights). Otherwise leave alone. Beretta 92's? No. Put in a D spring and maybe a Wilson trigger bar and lighter spring or simply send to Wilson. SIGs? No. Send back to SIG for a "voluntary upgrade." (OK, that was a bit unfair--but true. And for a classic SIG put in a 19# hammer spring).

Banned
    I don't generally modify my handguns. I put factory steel sights on my Glock based on the recommendation of this forum but that's it.

User Tag List