Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Is 2018 the year of the "stock" carry pistol

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I never have modified carry guns much.

My SA Pro is like it came out of the box, except for replacing the walnut grip panels with VZ Gatorbacks. The M&P9 that replaced it got sights, an Apex RAM, and light & laser. The current Gen4 19 has sights, Vickers slide and mag releases, a plug, and the smooth-faced trigger from a Gen3 17.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Another potential factor in the BTF issue is underpowered ammunition; I believe that European firearms tend to be designed around 124 grain true standard pressure 9mm ammunition, and downloaded light target loads/115 gr/115 gr downloaded loads may be a major causal factor. I recently had a good discussion on with with another p-f member, and when he brought it up I remembered a similar discussion with a Glock rep several years back, when a friend was encountering issues with 115 gr Blazer with a Glock Gen4 G19. Switching cartridges to fuller-power ones eliminated the problems.
    This is my experience as well. My P30L was a hot mess of FTE's and BTF with a weaksauce batch of 115gr TulAmmo. Ditto a Steyr C9-A1 I had briefly with some subsonic 115gr Fiocchi and Federal.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List