Thread: DA specific DT

DA specific DT

So thanks to another member on here I will be the proud owner of a well broken in and worked over S&W 66-1. This is my first revolver in many years apart from a BUG and the first since I have taken a more serious path with my training. I am compiling a set of revolver specific drills (also plan to shoot standard drills and compare to my semi-auto times), but I am curious. Is there a DA only specific dot torture? I have the TDA variant on hand, but its DA/SA. Do most just shoot it all DA? If so what makes it that different from standard DT? Im also hoping someone can share a good list of drills and possibly a condensed round count version of dot torture as I am now a po boy.

Thanks for any help
    Just a father trying to protect his family.

DA specific DT

Doesn’t John Hearne have a condensed COF for the dot torture? That should work for your needs.

civiliandefender.com
    Last edited by Sherman A. House DDS; 11-22-2017 at 11:18 AM.

Site Supporter
    I'd just shoot the standard one, all DA. Each string is no more than 5 rounds, so your revolver should work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I'd just shoot the standard one, all DA. Each string is no more than 5 rounds, so your revolver should work fine.
    I think thats what i will just do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Doesn’t John Hearne have a condensed COF for the dot torture? That should work for your needs.

civiliandefender.com
    Yes but its DA/SA as well. I think i will do his variant, all DA, and save 20rds for FAST or the like.

I would do ten reps of the 2x2x2 Drill. The FAST is cool for the auto but nobody is reloading a revolver in a real fight...time’d be better spent on a quick presentation with two shots into a 3x5 card in less than or equal to, 2 seconds. Harder than it sounds.

civiliandefender.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post

civiliandefender.com
    John has 30 round versions of both the regular and TDA Dot Tortures.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List