Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic revolvers and those who carried them

Quote Originally Posted by cathellsk View Post
    Small world, I’m also in Ashland and also never heard of this shootout. Out Wayne can have quite the reputation I’ve heard.
    Small world, indeed. I grew up out in the county, and left in '93 when I joined the service. My sister is an MD over in Huntington, and some of the stories from folks coming in from Out Wayne are pretty epic.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Is it bad I see these old photos of uniformed officers and think “that Sam Browne looks really light and comfortable”? I know the rigs were often not very secure and not conducive to speedy draws, but between the lack of weight and appropriate belt ride height/suicide strap, their backs must have been in much better shape after a career than that of today’s cops.
    These guys don't seem to be carrying much more, other than the one guy with the radio:

Name:  1970s NYC Cops.jpg
Views: 1045
Size:  40.6 KB
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

^^^^Is it just me or does that image above look like it should be captioned: "Hey sailor!" ^^^^

(I guess I'll be the target of a CNN probe now. Sigh...)

Site Supporter
    Move along; nothing to see here. No taser here. Just an old fashioned stick. How many lumps do you want? Those mustaches don’t say hi sailor- more like I’m here to clean your pool
    Last edited by Poconnor; 12-05-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Move along; nothing to see here. No taser here. Just an old fashioned stick. How many lumps do you want? Those mustaches don’t say hi sailor- more like I’m here to clean your pool
    I dunno, Paco...they sure have the look of love in their eyes...and those poses... I thought it was a couple guys from the Village People.
    Last edited by blues; 12-05-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Small world, indeed. I grew up out in the county, and left in '93 when I joined the service. My sister is an MD over in Huntington, and some of the stories from folks coming in from Out Wayne are pretty epic.
    I was Out Wayne last week. And the big cities of Echo and Genoa. It's exactly as you left it in '93.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    ^^^^Is it just me or does that image above look like it should be captioned: "Hey sailor!" ^^^^

(I guess I'll be the target of a CNN probe now. Sigh...)
    I would be more worried about being the target of a hickory shampoo. Cause them sticks look like experienced attitude adjusters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Is it bad I see these old photos of uniformed officers and think “that Sam Browne looks really light and comfortable”? I know the rigs were often not very secure and not conducive to speedy draws, but between the lack of weight and appropriate belt ride height/suicide strap, their backs must have been in much better shape after a career than that of today’s cops.
    And yet Jordan wanted a lighter .357.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I love those olde time holsters! I was on the dept facilities and equipt. committee at the time that the further you could get your pistol grip towards extending out horizontally in your safariland m29 holster, the cooler and more badass you were. Went on a crusade to get steel shanked holsters mandated with much gnashing of teeth from the rank and file. Succeeded after a neighboring agency had a domestic wherein one of their highly intoxicated sgt's ripped the holstered revolver off an officers gunbelt
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    And yet Jordan wanted a lighter .357.
    Honestly the thought of carrying a 40+oz revolver with 6 individual rounds of reloads, maybe a pair of cuffs, and a sap don’t seem that bad compared to my current 20ish pound duty belt. As soon as technology lightens one component (aluminum or poly pistol) some new item gets added. It’s gotten to the point many states have a presumption clause for back injuries in workman’s comp case law.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

User Tag List