Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic revolvers and those who carried them

This thread is starting off very well. Great old photos.

I didn't know DB was working on a revolver book. I'm in.

Dudes knew how to dress back them. I always feel like a slob when I see pictures like that.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Dudes knew how to dress back them. I always feel like a slob when I see pictures like that.
    Ain’t that the truth. My dad, who was born during WWI, would not go outside without a hat on his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Yup, every time I walk through a Wal-mart it's a soul-rending experience to see the second- and third-generation slobs Americans have become; these poor people clueless as to their appearance. I love to throw on a sportcoat and notice the stares while wending through the aisles; I stick out like the proverbial sore thumb.

Okay, enough topic drift, back to the original intent of this thread. BTW, I'm definitely interested in DB's upcoming tome.
    Last edited by DAL357; 11-22-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Site Supporter

Classic revolvers and those who carried them

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    So I’ve looked this photo over , is that a Model 26 ? It looks to be nickel plated maybe, possibly one of those with the longhorn stocks? I’m not as up on those as I should be. If it is that’s some pretty state of the art for 1927 out in Breckinridge. Also, he has another holster on his right side that looks pretty large. Could be a 1917 or if I had to guess probably a old Single Action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Probably a third model hand ejector in 44sp, also called a 1926 model or a wolf and klar gun by the collectors. Based on he is from ft worth and has fancy grips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by serialsolver; 11-22-2017 at 12:17 PM.

Site Supporter
    Must've been fate. I decided to carry my M21-4 today, wearing slacks, a starched shirt, and a sports jacket. I always thought I was born 50 years too late...

Site Supporter
    S.B. Noe was a special agent and sheriff in Wayne Co, WV in the 1940's. The story about his gunfight with a mass murderer his posse tracked down is making the rounds again on local Facebook pages. His revolver isn't in this picture but he was definitely a man who used one. Notice the hole in his hat from said fight.

Name:  SB Noe.jpg
Views: 1383
Size:  34.3 KB

Name:  SB Noe posse.jpg
Views: 1336
Size:  67.0 KB

This thread needs more Jelly Bryce and McGivern.

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    S.B. Noe was a special agent and sheriff in Wayne Co, WV in the 1940's. The story about his gunfight with a mass murderer his posse tracked down is making the rounds again on local Facebook pages. His revolver isn't in this picture but he was definitely a man who used one. Notice the hole in his hat from said fight.

Name:  SB Noe.jpg
Views: 1383
Size:  34.3 KB

Name:  SB Noe posse.jpg
Views: 1336
Size:  67.0 KB
    I hail from Ashland, KY, not to far from there. I've "gone out Wayne" a time or two. I've never heard the story of that fight. Can you post a link?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

LA Sheriff exhibition and training from back in the day.

"Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List