Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Reckoning: Sexual Harassment

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Sexual predators everywhere...

Former USA Olympic gymnastics sports doctor Larry Nassar has pleaded guilty to seven charges of sexual assault against women and girls in his care

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42083977

Someone must had turned a blind eye...
    I lol'd at the outrage Twitter insert. Sorry bud, he's still a doctor.
    Last edited by Peally; 11-22-2017 at 03:03 PM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

To expand on The Office Pool is Not Your Dating Pool:
    A good match can happen. But it should happen despite one's best efforts- an almost Hollywood level of mutual attraction that leads to something long term.
    Then again, what do you do if the relationship doesn't work out And you still got to see that person, day after day. And everyone is splitting into camps over who was right...

In the end, if a relationship happens, it happens. But if one is shopping for a date, best to look outside of work.

Funny enough, in my situation, dating inside the organization commonly uncommon- for us few singles over here. Every couple of years, two singles will become a couple, and get married.
    Normally, we act with a hands-off, friendly politeness towards the opposite sex. However, we had one dude who had some serious marriage desperation going on- a not uncommon thing for single male missionaries over 30 on the field for the first time. He quickly turned off every single single female on the field- ladies can sense male desperation like a dog can sense fear, and it turns them flat off.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    I lol'd at the outrage Twitter insert. Sorry bud, he's still a doctor.
    I'm glad you managed to find humor in an article about a man that molested 125 children.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    I disagree that office dating is an absolute no. I think one just has to be aware of the potential implications if it doesn't work out and use good judgement. Is it appropriate in most instances? No, probably not. But there are examples of how it's worked out just fine.

(My wife and I met at work. We later ended up in very separate careers, but still quite happily married almost 8 years later.)
    I also met my wife at work. Married 20+ years. Left that employer, reluctantly, a few years into the marriage to avoid the financial risk of having both salaries coming from the same tech company. Wife is still there.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

When Joe Biden is sentenced to "Death by Dogging" let me know, please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I also met my wife at work. Married 20+ years. Left that employer, reluctantly, a few years into the marriage to avoid the financial risk of having both salaries coming from the same tech company. Wife is still there.
    I think you can grow a personal relationship at work as long as it is with your equal peer. A dishwasher can date a dishwasher, but when the dishwasher is dating the chef....

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    insert "married a dishwasher" joke here

conceal dishwasher joke from dishwasher

insert self into dishwasher later

it's okay, I have tiger blood
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    I'm glad you managed to find humor in an article about a man that molested 125 children.
    If I got upset about every single thing I read on the internet I'd kill myself.

Doesn't matter what he did, he's still a doctor by profession. It's like yelling "He's not an accountant he's a bastard!" like they're mutually exclusive.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    [stupid self-employment joke]My boss literally can't keep his hands off me.[/stupid self-employment joke]
    I just LoL’d a little. Must be due to your off-beat sense of humour.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    [stupid self-employment joke]My boss literally can't keep his hands off me.[/stupid self-employment joke]
    Also self-employed, and I have assholes for employees.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List