Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The Reckoning: Sexual Harassment

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    John Conyers has resigned.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    John Conyers has resigned.
    The longest-serving member of the US Congress says he is stepping aside as top Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee while sexual harassment allegations are investigated.
    He's still a congressman though. not enough.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

If we have to throw out everyone in congress who has been sexually inappropriate with a page, a young boy, a young girl, a staff member, someone other than their spouse etc...I don't think there'd be enough folks on either side of the aisle to push any legislation through. (Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.)

I'm sure there are a lot of puckered assholes in D.C. hoping for someone else in Hollywood to carry the baton for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    If we have to throw out everyone in congress who has been sexually inappropriate with a page, a young boy, a young girl, a staff member, someone other than their spouse etc...I don't think there'd be enough folks on either side of the aisle to push any legislation through. (Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.)

I'm sure there are a lot of puckered assholes in D.C. hoping for someone else in Hollywood to carry the baton for a while...
    Seriously... this would NOT be a bad thing!

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." -- Mark Twain
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    My strongest memory from touring the Senate when I was in eighth grade was some old guy coming around, introducing himself (man, I wish I remember who it was), giving a both-hands shoulder massage to the most attractive 14-year-old girl in the group, and brushing off our aghast looks by saying, "Oh, don't mind me, I'm just a dirty old man" before walking away. I do know it wasn't Clinton...

If I was an adult in charge of the group and that happened today, there'd be photos and the police called.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    My strongest memory from touring the Senate when I was in eighth grade was some old guy coming around, introducing himself (man, I wish I remember who it was), giving a both-hands shoulder massage to the most attractive 14-year-old girl in the group, and brushing off our aghast looks by saying, "Oh, don't mind me, I'm just a dirty old man" before walking away. I do know it wasn't Clinton...

If I was an adult in charge of the group and that happened today, there'd be photos and the police called.
    Probably Biden. That guy has been an overt creep for as long as anyone can remember and it just gets laughed off as “crazy Uncle Joe”. Some grown man gives my teen daughter a massage as a greeting and I would return that favor with the greeting I gave when called to deal with “Duster’s” back when that was a bit of a specialty of mine. I have to deal with this now because my kid plays volleyball. I ll usually be assigned with the team when they travel because girls Volleyball tournaments are a magnet for perv’s posing as “Model recruiters”. It s pretty disgusting stuff.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 11-27-2017 at 09:16 AM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Probably Biden. That guy has been an overt creep for as long as anyone can remember and it just gets laughed off as “crazy Uncle Joe”.
    It drives me nuts he gets a pass for that shit.

Name:  biden-creep-1.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  57.2 KB

Name:  biden.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  48.6 KB
    Last edited by Chance; 11-27-2017 at 09:33 AM.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

I'm game. Holding our leaders to a higher standard is a worthwhile goal. Used to be our leaders were men of vision, or men of action yeah? Now all we get are these creepers.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    No. Incredibly, and thank god. Dude was actually hired (against the recommendations of search faculty and area heads; the subject matter community in question is a very tight one, and this dude’s rep had preceded him from another state) as a temporary adjunct to replace a tenured guy who also got fired for inappropriate behavior. Astounding, really. Deal is, upper level admin was unhappy with the dept over what was essentially whistleblowing behavior, and dug in deep to defend their 3rd poor unilateral hire/retention in a row. They backed the wrong horse with their own reputations, pure and simple, and student’s legal representation, along with title IX, helped point that out.
    I may as well post a quick update, for those who’s intellectual curiosity inclines them to see a lot just by looking. Two things hit my inbox over the Thanksgiving break (when everyone, including myself, was away). One: a note including info that the search to replace sext perv’s tenure-track position has been put off; meaning that the current emergency interim—who pretty much everyone on the ground (including me) besides immediate supervising admin wanted in the position anyways—will be there as a "fill in" for at least another academic year beyond this one going forward.

Also, the late 20s/early30s, fresh doctorate, quasi-sjw title IX director is gone without fanfare; we know this due to the announcement of a new title IX director, who by resume is hoary, if not hairy: some dude with almost 2 decades prior LE experience investigating sex crimes, who was most recently a title IX compliance man for another large school as his retirement gig. That search was wicked fast, and probably expensive.

How about that.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    You have no idea the joy I felt when this came out. What a sanctimonious hypocrite. I detest him.
    You should get a giggle out of this: Maxine Waters calls Conyers a man of "Impeccable Integrity" on womens issues.

(Full Disclosure: I'm a huge supporter of Maxine to be the next Democratic Candidate for President of The United States! Only she can unite Antifa and the drooling idiots who supported the Clan Clinton)
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

User Tag List