Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: The Reckoning: Sexual Harassment

All good points. I have plenty of opinions, but I don’t want opinions to replace law in our country. If anyone can say anything about anyone, how can we arrive at anything resembling fairness?

I don’t feel sorry for most of the assholes whose lives are ruined as a result of #metoo but I predict that 5 years from now, we will look back with regret. It’s going to have consequences that may not be worth the benefits.

Not everyone who deserves it can be punished. Everyone deserves a fair trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Ok, so you have no opinion on Bill Clinton’s alleged rape of Wanida Broderick? How about all of the pedophiles in the Catholic Church who have gone unprosecuted and hidden by the Vatican? Their victims should not merit consideration?

Better yet, why it only in dealing with issues of sexual misconduct that we need to suspend all reason and opinion until a “fair and transparent” (two of my favorite progressive euphemisms, BTW) process has run its course? Why not apply that standard for every type of abhorrent behavior? I mean, OJ had a fair and transparent process, but I still wouldn’t trust him around the cutlery. Does that make me a bigot?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Ok, so you have no opinion on Bill Clinton’s alleged rape of Wanida Broderick? How about all of the pedophiles in the Catholic Church who have gone unprosecuted and hidden by the Vatican? Their victims should not merit consideration?

Better yet, why is it only in dealing with issues of sexual misconduct that we need to suspend all reason and opinion until a “fair and transparent” (two of my favorite progressive euphemisms, BTW) process has run its course? Why not apply that standard for every type of abhorrent behavior? I mean, OJ had a fair and transparent process, but I still wouldn’t trust him around the cutlery. Does that make me a bigot?
    I think you’re confusing forming an opinion based on facts vs formulating an opinion on innuendo.

Should we assume that all cops are racist assholes looking to gun down black men or wait till facts show up and realize that Mike Brown was attacking a cop and got shot for his effort.

I’m preferential to fact based opinions. Sometimes it’s hard though, I admit.

I’d still like to know why, various prosecutors didn’t/couldn’t/wouldn’t unfuck these cases while a reporter could. To me, that seems to be the root we need to pull on

Is it possible that it may be bad to both wrongly accuse the innocent on one hand and to fail to protect victims on the other? Zero Tolerance does not work well for either side of the issue.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    From BBC News:

Comedian Bill Cosby has been sentenced to three to 10 years in state prison for sexual assault.

Cosby, 81, has also been categorised as a sexually violent predator, meaning he must undergo counselling for life and be listed on the sex offender registry.

The actor declined to make a statement when a judge gave him the opportunity.

At a retrial in April, Cosby was found guilty of three counts of sexual assault for drugging and molesting Andrea Constand in 2004.

Judge Steven O'Neill has also denied Cosby's request for bail pending appeal.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    From BBC News:
    If there was ever a case where someone should go to prison for a very, very long time, then this is it.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

#Metoo...Idon'tthinkso

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1053106776009310209

Or as R. Lee Ermy said in that Glock ad, "Looks like someone picked the wrong girl!"
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 10-19-2018 at 11:50 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1053106776009310209

Or as R. Lee Ermy said in that Glock ad, "Looks like someone picked the wrong girl!"
    Your link didn't work for me... This one did.. https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/s...06776009310209

Nice job lady!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

That was fucking awesome.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Your link didn't work for me... This one did.. https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/s...06776009310209

Nice job lady!
    Sorry. "I don't know tech stuff."

Far more effective than a hash tag.

User Tag List