Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The Reckoning: Sexual Harassment

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidbattlecry View Post
    So lets not pretend one side is somehow better than the other here because the both suck.
    In my best Bill Clinton voice: "Uh, Phrasing"
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    "The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor..."

John Conyers, D-Michigan

While I'm not a Roy Moore fan, I don't think there are any "rape of a minor" charges pending.
    Never let the facts get in the way of a good rant!

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Fuck all abusers of every stripe, everywhere. (Phrasing and subliminal meaning left to the reader's choice.)

Oh wait, if its non-consensual would that make me as bad as they are...?

(I'll take the hit.)

I had to look-up Matt Lauer; never heard of him. For that matter, I not heard anything about NBC in years, having largely disremembered that NBC still existed.

I think we may still have a TV, somewhere ‘round here...
    Last edited by Rex G; 11-29-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidbattlecry View Post
    I'm seeing a lack of republicans on many lists on here so let me help a bit. Donald Trump, Roy Moore(sorry not sexual harassment, Rape of minors),Don Shooter, Roger Ailes,George H.W. Bush,John Conyers and so on and so forth. So lets not pretend one side is somehow better than the other here because the both suck.
    Conyers is a D.
    Moore was a D at the time, FWIW, and you are the first to allege "rape of minors", so maybe be a little more careful about potentially actionable accusations?
    He's admitted that when he was in is 30s w he dated girls who were 18 or 19. Creepy but not illegal. There are accusations that he may have touched a 16 year old inappropriately, but the "proof" that he met he seems to be dubious, at best. ("I have here a photograph of a high school yearbook with his signature. Ignore the fact that it appears to have been photoshopped from the woman's mother's divorce decree, and includes the initials of Judge More's clerk. And no, I won't let you examine the yearbook itself...
    Who the hell is Don Shooter?

None of which changes the fact that many of these allegations are just that, allegations. Allegations may be enough to get one fired -- see Lauer, Matt, who, as @Tam points out in her blog post this morning, has been paid enough by NBC over the years to hire good enough lawyers that simple shit canning was probably the easiest way out -- may be enough to get one fired, as I was saying, but not enough to put one away in prison.

Nor does it change the fact that liberals and democrats have been screeching for years about the "Right's" alleged "War On Women", and whaddaya know, the left is at least as bad as the right. Not that anyone who was not in a coma during the Clinton years didn't already know that.

I am more concerned about the fact that Congress apparently has a Shush Slush Fund to pay off accusers. Since this was presumably paid for with our tax dollars, I think it would only be right and proper to Name and Shame the miscreants, not to mention impeaching any who egregiously violated Congressional rules, and prosecute any who may be guilty of crimes.

The media will never go for it, unless it happens that more Rs are guilty than Ds.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Conyers is a pos. My neighbor who is heavily involved in politics. Has told me of Conyers and his treatment of woman in his office or at meetings. It was never enough in a public setting to be full blown harassment, but stated how he just gave you the creeps.
    Yes there are republicans who have done bad shit. But most all the sick fuckers in hollywood and in politics right now. Are liberal/democrat anti gun piles of shit. I am damn well
    Positive if they had legit dirt on Republicans the ENTIRE world would know. The media hates them. I hope all of them burn. I do not care who you are affiliated with.

A dirtbag is a dirtbag. Does not matter color or gender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I had to look-up Matt Lauer; .
    I'll always remember an interview Matt Lauer did with Wayne LaPierre on the Today Show back in the late 1990's that turned into a shouting match on live TV.

The reason I remember it, was the day before I had been in a gun store in Manassas, Va., on my day off, just walking the isles perusing the stuff. A guy, who looked familiar, but who I just couldn't place, was in the store talking gun issues with the store owner. It was a very calm, well thought out discussion, and great points were made. I walked out of the store and didn't think much of it, until the next morning when I happened to turn on the Today Show and saw the same guy from the gun store, Wayne LaPierre (who I now recognized), being interviewed by Lauer. It didn't take long for the two of them to get into a real shouting match.

I was kind of disappointed in LaPierre that he didn't stay calm and just use the same manner and facts he had used in the gun store just the day before, but Lauer really is an anti-gun jerk, and I would have had a hard time keeping cool too.
    Last edited by JTQ; 11-29-2017 at 03:55 PM.

I *really* hope they change the system to hide sexual harassment settlements involving Congress.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/26/u...arassment.html

I don’t frankly think we need to shelter people who use taxpayer funds to cover up this shit.

I’d like to see who these people are and what I paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Your right my bad. My one incorrect person negates all that the other have done.

User Tag List