Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Reckoning: Sexual Harassment

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

The Reckoning: Sexual Harassment

Charlie Rose today. Let's see... Oliver Stone, Jeffrey Tambor, Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, Louis C.K., Roy "That Would Have Been Out of My Customary Behavior" Moore, Kevin Spacey, Al Franken, Brett Ratner, Andy Dick (...seriously, how is Andy Dick still walking around a free man?), and plenty more.

I'm a little ambivalent, as I've seen false accusations first-hand and I think it's prudent to take accusations with respectful skepticism. But with all of the above mentioned, my first reaction has been, "Yeah, I can totally see him doing that."

Thoughts?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I view the current situation like an animal caught in a leg trap:

The animal (DNC/MSM) is chewing its own leg off (sacrificing its own members) to get out of a trap (Trump presidency).
    They think that this will give them the moral authority to go after Trump on harassment charges.

I don't think for one second that they give a crap about any individual harassment by their elites but they view it as a tool to use against Trump if they can get the public to buy the false outrage.

YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    The animal (DNC/MSM) is chewing its own leg off (sacrificing its own members) to get out of a trap (Trump presidency).
    I've seen nothing to indicate this is an anti-Trump political maneuver. Plenty of people on both sides of the aisle are getting accused, and it's not as if Trump needs help getting people to hate him.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    I've seen nothing to indicate this is an anti-Trump political maneuver. Plenty of people on both sides of the aisle are getting accused, and it's not as if Trump needs help getting people to hate him.
    Maybe not but I don't see too many names on your list that are associated with the Rs.
    Maybe they are just cleaning house now that they don't have to protect Slick Willie anymore.
    I just worry that they are going to end up conflating harassment with assault and end up degrading the seriousness of the later.

I'm hoping some powerful women will be outed soon so that we can all get back to business as usual.

As I mentioned to my wife, outside of an attempted or successful forceful violation, the injured party should just kick the offender (if a man) in the nuts, give him a smack in the chops and get on with it. (Report the matter to employer if it's work related.)

I'm being somewhat facetious but this daily "me too" finger pointing and sniveling (in regard to some more trivial issues being reported) seems to detract from the attention needed regarding (sexual) misconduct of a significantly higher order.
    Last edited by blues; 11-21-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Charlie Rose today. Let's see... Oliver Stone, Jeffrey Tambor, Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, Louis C.K., Roy "That Would Have Been Out of My Customary Behavior" Moore, Kevin Spacey, Al Franken, Brett Ratner, Andy Dick (...seriously, how is Andy Dick still walking around a free man?), and plenty more.

I'm a little ambivalent, as I've seen false accusations first-hand and I think it's prudent to take accusations with respectful skepticism. But with all of the above mentioned, my first reaction has been, "Yeah, I can totally see him doing that."

Thoughts?
    I think you left Bill Clinton off of the list.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    I'm enjoying this particular circus. Limitless schadenfreude.

Still.... If Hillary doesn't go to prison for espionage, I'll know this country is truly, thoroughly, fucked.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I think you left Bill Clinton off of the list.
    I was focusing on recent accusations. Unfortunately, H.W. Bush is on the list as well, and probably the only one I was sad to see added.

I do want to see Bill get his day though, along with all the "feminists" who stuck up for him when the shit hit the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm hoping some powerful women will be outed soon so that we can all get back to business as usual.
    I'm sure it's coming at some point. I think most of this is as much of a power dynamic thing as it is related to sex. Terry Crews already mentioned one such incident, but refused to name who was involved.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    As I mentioned to my wife, outside of an attempted or successful forceful violation, the injured party should just kick the offender (if a man) in the nuts, give him a smack in the chops and get on with it. (Report the matter to employer if it's work related.)
    I agree on the swift kick in the balls, but I think that's an oversimplification. Back when I was young and pretty I was actually harassed by my immediate supervisor at one point: train wreck of an older woman and it still gives me the creeps. It's not a situation that easily navigable, and that's when I didn't have to fear for my safety.

I agree on the swift kick in the balls, but I think that's an oversimplification. Back when I was young and pretty I was actually harassed by my immediate supervisor at one point: train wreck of an older woman and it still gives me the creeps. It's not a situation that easily navigable, and that's when I didn't have to fear for my safety.
    I did say I was being "somewhat facetious" in that post...

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List