Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DotW 17: 2-shot Draw on Two Targets

Start concealed under a heavy winter coat. It's still cold in Ohio.

5 yards. 2 misses low left on card one. I had all hits on card 2, 7 of the hits were in one hole.

I went on to 7 yards even though I had misses. I wanted to see what I could do.

7 yards. all hits on both cards. Again, card 2 had 7 bullets in one hole.

I've got a terrible trigger snatch that doesn't show up as a bad thing when shooting at a huge IDPA target.

Site Supporter
    Holstered (CCC Shaggy/Glock 17 EXO/Untucked Polo)

Clean @ 5Y
    Clean @ 7Y
    Clean @ 10Y

HK P30 V3 with new springs which I will discuss at a later date...... after my trigger pull gauge shows up and I can give data instead of random bitching.

From under a Hoodie. Drew to left card. Groups tend to drift to 10:30, this was confirmed at 25 yds.

5 yds clean
    7 yds clean
    10 yds clean
    13 yds pulled one per card
    Taking a break from social media.

Holstered (gen 3 g19, shaggy, polo)

5 yds - clean
    7 yds - clean
    10 yds - dropped one low on each card. Anticipation.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Well, that was quick.

Gen4 G17, AIWB Archangel, closed-front coat
    cards left/right, about 8 inches between them (no pictures)
    Shot right first, then left

5 yards: clean
    7 yards: pulled my first shot out of the whole thing. [sigh] Rest were fine at that distance.

There was no particular pattern in the hits, really. For the 5 yard set, I managed to keep myself from trying to get the shot off quickly, which is why I didn't pull one until the 7-yard set. First one at 7 yards, drew and quickly yanked one about half an inch low. (Which also explains a lot of my FAST drill results.)

Went back to careful fire, and the rest were fine.

Glock 23 Gen.4, CCC Shaggy, concealed under an untucked, buttoned shirt. Timer signal for draw.
    5 Yards- 100%, tight groups in the center of the card.
    7 Yards - 95% - one miss left on the first card my second draw. Card number two was clean. Both cards consisted of tight groups.

Glock 22 Gen.4, CCC Shaggy, concealed under an untucked buttoned shirt. Timer signal for draw.
    5 Yards - 100%, tight groups but seem to be in a vertical pattern. The second card has a much tighter group than card one.
    7 Yards - 95% - one miss left on the first card on my 5 draw. Second card was clean, very tight group (2").

Sig 229 .40, Safariland 070 SSIII, duty gear with closed mag carrier. Timer signal for draw.
    5 Yards - 100%. Card one and two have tight groups, center of the card.
    7 Yards - 100%. Card one had to hits close to the edge of the card. Card two remained tight.
    10 Yards - 75% (The wheels fell off here). Card one had an open group with one shot (3rd draw I think) missing left. Card two was all over the place with 4 misses, all stung vertical about 1/8" right of the card.

A common theme I found was that my card two groups were tighter than my card one groups. I imagine I'm taking more time on the second card than the first. I enjoyed the drill and probably introduce it to my department's drill book.

Glock 21 in OWB holster concealed under IDPA vest.

5 yards - clean
    7 yards - clean
    10 yards - clean

Got bored after that. Groups were identical on both cards. I attribute this entirely to how much dry fire time I do just playing with the reset on my guns.

Glock 19 (borrowed, thanks JV)

5 yards - clean
    7 yards - clean
    10 yards - dropped 1

I had a guy talking to me for too long and the light was starting to go on me, so I shot this faster than I would've liked. Perhaps, when I get more time over the next two days, I'll shoot this again along with DOTW 16 that I missed

Start position: HKP30L, OWB CompTac Straight Drop under an unzipped jacket.
    Left Target was DA and Right was SA
    5 yard targets: 0 misses. Left side was a straight 2" line up and down in the middle of the card. Right side was a 1.5 tight circle at top middle. I tend to aim high on 3X5 cards.
    7 yard targets: 0 misses. Left side was a little more spread out than the right and neither group was as good as the 5 yd.
    10 yard targets: 2 misses on the left and 1 miss on the right. I'm definitely feeling pressed for time, so I was making my draw and 2 shots in about to 5-6 seconds. My left card was starting to drift towards 10:30, with 2 shots just off the edge by about 1/4 inch to the 11:00 region. My right card was center and 12:00 on the card with a decent group.

Hot dam my range is back in operation and I'm back in the game!

Last week I spent my time recording some scores for the performance challenge and this week I had time for the DotW.

Gun: M&P 45, 230 Grain LRN Reloads
    Holster & Concealmet: OWB 4 O'clock under open front shirt.

3x5's shot left side first then right side.

5 Yards: top set of targets in the picture. All on target

7 Yards: Lower set of targets in the picture: All On target

12 or more yards: Had to move the targets out past 10 yards for lighting purposes. I couldn't see the gray 3 x 5s in the shadows at 10 yards. This distance was shot on the same lower 3x5's as 7 yards. First shot on the Right target a tad high. 6th shot on the right target a bit low. Otherwise all others hit the 3x5's

As you can see all shots from press-out are pretty much centered, but the 2nd shots made on the right 3x5 for the most part is a tad right and lower. I think as I'm breaking the 2nd shot the momentum from transversing left to right and recovering from recoil is effecting my point of impact.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

User Tag List