Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DotW 17: 2-shot Draw on Two Targets

Smith and Wesson 645 in a thumb break holster under an open light jacket.

5 yds- Clean
    7 yds-Clean
    10 yds-1 miss

Good exercise for me to work on prepping the trigger of a DA/SA from draw.

Site Supporter
    Starting position: P30 V3 strong side concealed

5 yd: clean
    7 yd: clean
    10 yd: clean

Start position: Ready position
    5 yard targets: Clean, similar groups
    7 yard targets: -2 first card, -5 second card

At 7 yards, my second card group drifted down and to the right (I'm left-handed). More dry fire practice needed.

Thanks for the drill!

G17

5yds Clean if you dont count an AD(Still on the cardboard) I had during one of the transitions. I reset under recoil but tried to stop myself and put a round into the cardboard between the 3X5s
    7yds Clean
    10yds Clean

At 5 there was not much difference in my groups, at 7 and 10 my first shot groups were bigger and the second shot were in 1 1.5inch hole. I felt like I had a greater level of attention on the second shots.

Start Position: Concealed
    5 yards, -0
    7 yards, -0
    10 yards, -0

I admit to taking full advantage of the no time limit rule, but I did make sure and do a good press out, working on breaking my shot as soon as I reached full extension. I noticed more vertical stringing of the groups on the first shot target then the second shot target, but still had all the hits. I also shot this drill with a 1911 so there was not much difference in the trigger pulls. When I get my M&P back from Smith & Wesson I will try this drill again a few times.

M&P45 w/RMR02 in a OWB Comptac belt holster at 3 o'clock concealed under a soft shell TNF jacket.

5 yd: no misses
    7 yd: no misses
    10 yd: no misses
    12 yd: no misses
    15 yd: no misses
    20 yd: 1 miss (less than 1/4" low)

Love the slow-fire, no time limit! Shots on first target had a round shape dispersion, while the shots on the second target had a narrow width, but more vertical stringing.

G17, shaggy, hoodie.

5 yards clean

7 yards 1 miss

I did not take advantage of the no time limit. Actually, having just practiced the ihack, I was definitely going quickly. I did not like manipulating the trigger in this manner. Seemed to cause the 2nd round shots to group low.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Shot it clean from 5 yards using G19 from concealed AIWB. Noticed I was hitting high on the right hand target.

Dropped one on the left and three on the right (all high misses) at 7 yards.
    #RESIST

User Tag List