Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistols you are glad you skipped

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    When I didn't know jack about squat, I wanted a Desert Eagle .50.

Ha!
    Forgot about that! Back in '88 at the Stuttgart Gun Club, I briefly considered a Desert Eagle in .44magnum but went with a 1911 and a P38 instead.
    Last edited by Rich@CCC; 11-21-2017 at 02:06 PM.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

The P320 and xD-series come to mind, without having to stop to think.

Several trendy 1911 pistols that I coveted, but successfully resisted, were later learned to be less than stellar, if not outright garbage. I have disremembered them, at least for this moment in time. (No caffeine yet, and I did NOT sleep well.) This is not an indictment of all 1911 pistols, of course, as I plan to use 1911 pistols until the day I can no longer run the slide.

Quote Originally Posted by UnoZero View Post
    When I didn't know jack about squat, I wanted a Desert Eagle .50.
    I still want one. But only for the show-off factor.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    There was a time I just knew I had to have an XD-40.

Whew.
    That's what I was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    Remington R51

I wanted one badly when I first saw Remy was going to produce them. I like the "futuristic" ray gun look and have never owned a Pedersen action.

Fortunately I waited to get one and the problems started to be reported. I still want a Pederson action pistol but I'll keep my eye out for an affordable collectors piece.
    Same with me.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Beretta Mini Cougar in 9mm bought on consignment. Shot 50 rounds through it, cleaned it, and stuck it in the safe. Sold it at a slight loss several months later. Nothing wrong or bad with the gun, except the short magazines were hard to find and I did not care for the weird rotary barrel takedown/reassemble.

SIG Mosquito. Followed the advice of the gun store dude and got a Buckmark instead.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Site Supporter
    Pretty much any time I try to talk myself into leaving the P series sig line I do my best to talk myself out of it. Not that there aren't better options/sig QC/sig CEO/etc. I have a load of magazines, holsters, tools, spare parts and just can't justify spending the money to gear up for a whole new gun. I did, in a moment of weakness, buy a Springfield Lipsey's 9mm 1911. It was amazeballs and I really enjoyed shooting it, but fitting an ambi safety (lefty curse) getting mags, holster, etc. was just going down a rabbit hole that I couldn't afford at the time (still can't). I ended up selling for a bit of a loss and am still going strong with the 226/229. Point being there are plenty of quality guns I could shoot just fine that I'm glad I have passed on and just bought ammo instead.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I still want one. But only for the show-off factor.
    Me too, I’ve never been able to shake it. But it’s worked its way to the bottom of the Buy Next totem pole.

The DE .50 is the Ice Ice Baby of guns. Nobody admits they actually like it, but everyone does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List