Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistols you are glad you skipped

Pistols you are glad you skipped

We've discussed pistols we hated, and pistols we let get away.

So, which handguns did you almost get, didn't, and learned later that you dodged a bomb?

For me, it was a Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 .45acp.
    Cool gun, but I was not in a good financial spot for that rabbit hole.

(Edit to add) I also was thiiiis close to buying a Colt 1911 in .38 Super a couple of years back, but got a 92 Compact instead.
    Last edited by Joe in PNG; 11-20-2017 at 08:47 PM.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I started to get more serious about finding the right pistol for me earlier this year. I would have considered the Sig P320 until reading This forum.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Vending Machine Operator
    Beretta Nano. I'm a huge, huge Beretta fan so it was almost automatic that they'd be my new carry gun. Turns out to be...not great.

Also a Century C39V2. A post here educated me to either get an Atlantic-inspected WASR-10 or just save up for the Arsenal I actually want.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

This thread starts and stops with the P320 line for me. I mean, I’m sure there have been others over the decades, but I seriously considered diving into those berween 1-2 years ago.

There was a time I just knew I had to have an XD-40.

Whew.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    This thread starts and stops with the P320 line for me. I mean, I’m sure there have been others over the decades, but I seriously considered diving into those berween 1-2 years ago.
    This. A week before the drop safety stuff broke, I had two fde p320c's in my cart at Quantico tactical. I came super close to pulling the trigger but decided to stick with glocks for the time being from a logistical standpoint. Turns out that was a good choice. Ended up with a pair of gen 5 g19's instead and am very happy with that decision.

Sig's
    1911's
    All cheap shit - taurus, khar, etc
    Every hk/sw
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

P320
    PPQ
    newer Colt 1911's
    VP9

I was in my LGS pondering between a VP9 and a P320.

The P320 felt very nice, and I thought the whole concept was very innovative. However I just felt it was a little early yet, so I opted for the VP9.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    There was a time I just knew I had to have an XD-40.

Whew.
    I wanted an XD45 in a bad way at one point. Later wanted an XD9.

At one point I was seriously looking at a Sigma. The Taurus I got instead worked well enough at the time.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

User Tag List