Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gen5 19 vertical slide movement.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I got beat by a guy with a revolver. A freakin' revolver. And an old basketweave leather holster.
    Was it an old dude? Was most of the finish worn off the revolver?

I've learned to watch out for guys like that.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    Unless it adversely impacts reliability and accuracy, I'd spend more time shooting it, and less agonizing over minutiae.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    No, no, no! This calls for the very aggressive use of a Dremel! You Tube demands it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Was it an old dude? Was most of the finish worn off the revolver?

I've learned to watch out for guys like that.
    He wasn't past his 50's, but the revolver had some miles on it for sure. Was an 8 shot 9mm with a red dot. I was running the timer when he ran out and had to do a reload and he probably tossed that moon clip in and got back to shooting faster than I could slap in a fresh 17 rounder. Have never seen that in person, was impressive.

U will notice the slide moving REARWARD as it moves vertically.

There is a different RSA Part Number.

The source may be there: lower spring constant on the Gen5 RSA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Until you can outshoot the gun in question, it's a moot issue. I know VERY few guys who can do that.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Until you can outshoot the gun in question, it's a moot issue. I know VERY few guys who can do that.
    This, x100.

This is a non-issue.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Wayne, Agreed. I just noticed it and wanted to ask. Regarding getting better at shooting. I’ve only been into shooting about three years now and need to get some classes under my belt and see that your in Allen,TX. I’m in McKinney. Mind sending me a PM regarding classes? I’m fairly new to Texas as well so learning who to go to here in DFW. Thanks!
    Last edited by Brianjkeene; 11-21-2017 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    Wayne, Agreed. I just noticed it and wanted to ask. Regarding getting better at shooting. I’ve only been into shooting about three years now and need to get some classes under my belt and see that your in Allen,TX. I’m in McKinney. Mind sending me a PM regarding classes? I’m fairly new to Texas as well so learning who to go to here in DFW. Thanks!
    You’d be in pretty good hands with Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    Wayne and DB run www.hardwiredtacticalshooting.com - I'd train there in a heartbeat if I lived near Dallas. There are several other members here that seem to have a lot of training experience with them as well, plus they always talk about delicious BBQ after classes.

I also believe Karl Rehn has his outfit near that area as well, as he is similarly a highly respected trainer. But I admit I'm partial to Wayne and DB since they share their knowledge and experience so freely here on PF so I'd say go talk to them first

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Wayne and DB run www.hardwiredtacticalshooting.com - I'd train there in a heartbeat if I lived near Dallas. There are several other members here that seem to have a lot of training experience with them as well, plus they always talk about delicious BBQ after classes.

I also believe Karl Rehn has his outfit near that area as well, as he is similarly a highly respected trainer. But I admit I'm partial to Wayne and DB since they share their knowledge and experience so freely here on PF so I'd say go talk to them first
    Karl Rehn is in the Austin area, a few hours south West of Dallas.

The Tiger Valley range in College station, south of Dallas regularly hosts national level trainers.

User Tag List