Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Privateer Leather

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Again, I own no stock and receive zero coupons....

You can’t go wrong with anything he makes. He certainly has found his niche.

One minor complaint now with the Highwayman.

When I reholster I find that the left-hand safety lever wants to catch just slightly on the top edge of the sweat guard. This causes the sweat guard to fold over and sort of get rolled into the holster with the pistol.

My work around is to use my thumb to sort of sweep the shield out of the way until the safety lever has cleared. Not my normal "maintain shooting grip all the way back" but pretty close.

Two options, if I decide I don't like using my thumb method. First is to send the holster back and ask Wes to cut the guard off. Second is to get the nose of the safety radiused and shaped with more of a point.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I’m certain Wes would do whatever is necessary to make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I’m certain Wes would do whatever is necessary to make it right.
    Yeah I have no doubt he'll take care of it.

Here's what's happening:

Is that an aftermarket safety? I have stock and dont have that issue. Maybe Wes can reprodile the guard a bit.

Is that an aftermarket safety? I have stock and dont have that issue. Maybe Wes can reprodile the guard a bit.
    MKIII ambi safety.

It worked fine initially but after wearing the holster (and sweating against it) the guard has started to curve in a bit from the pressure of my body.

I sent the above photo to Wes. He suggests wetting and reshaping the tab so that it curves away rather than in. I'll certainly try that before we do anything else with it.

Operation Holster Remold appears to have been successful. Using instructions provided by Wes via email, I wet the sweat guard and flared it out a little. I gave it a bit more flare than what it had originally.

I only wore the holster briefly yesterday but had no trouble sliding the pistol in and out. We'll see what happens after I've had the time to devote a day's wear to it.

That’s great to hear. Finally home and done chasing for a bit. Have to get the BHP out, along with Wes’ hide, and get familiar again. A bit OT, but what are you running thru it? I ended up with standard 124gr(?) GoldDots. (Have to go back into my notes and the ammo shelf.) It’s been a while since I’ve carried or shot 9mm. Usually its .40 HST or .38 +P in the snub. The Browning is without a doubt the most natural pointing gun for my hand.

The Browning is without a doubt the most natural pointing gun for my hand.
    Yes. Ergonomically the old BHP is pretty hard to beat. Funny how well the gun points, etc when some other designs seem to have missed this important feature.

I'm currently carrying 147 Gold Dots in the gun. They're clocking about 1,050 FPS for me.

User Tag List