Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Privateer Leather

Highwayman ordered. Thanks, guys.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I’ve had the pleasure of doing business with Wes for a number of years now. His work is top shelf, and his customer service even better. Plus, he’s just one hell of a nice guy. He worked with me to make the Navigant (that’s my Novak tweaked MkII) and there’s a few other pics of stuff he’s made for me as well on his site. You just can’t find better quality and a nicer guy. (No...I don’t get kickbacks...lol)
    Last edited by entropy; 08-27-2018 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I’ve had the pleasure of doing business with Wes for a number of years now. His work is top shelf, and his customer service even better. Plus, he’s just one hell of a nice guy. He worked with me to make the Navigant (that’s my Novak tweaked MkII) and there’s a few other pics of stuff he’s made for me as well on his site. You just can’t find better quality and a nicer guy. (No...I don’t get kickbacks...lol)
    Not to drift this too far but what are the specs on your BHP? Novak rear, VZ grips and ???

Highwayman received.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Highwayman received.

“She’s a beaut Clark!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    “She’s a beaut Clark!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks.

The holster and pouch were half the price of the pistol....

[emoji16]

A shot of the detail on the back side of the holster.

A shot of the detail on the back side of the holster.

Nothing like finely boned leather.

* <- Insert badly needed thumbs up emoticon here.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Not to drift this too far but what are the specs on your BHP? Novak rear, VZ grips and ???

It’s been a while since I visited Wes’ site, just took a look now. The Navigant shows a couple of different BHPs. I believe the one with the VZ grips belongs to Wes. Mine is the one with the Spegals. It’s a pretty simple working gun. It started as a Coles gun. MkII, Novak sights with wide notch rear and FO front. The hammer spur has been trimed a bit for bite. Mag safety removed. Slide-to-frame and internals caressed just a bit, but nothing spectcular. That was done locally. I’ve always felt the BHP was without a doubt the sexiest auto ever made. We’re talking Grace Kelly here...class not tats. Years (many) back I passed on a new Practical over a 92FS. Twenty years later, the Beretta was long gone and I decided to correct my mistake. That started the journey. The Navigant began as a phone conversation with Wes. At the time, I was spending a lot of time on the road and wanted an OWB that would ride high and not be uncomfortable for long periods of driving. He was kind enough to work with me directly. IIRC, there was a tweak or two on the design as the first one didn’t quite support the thin frame and beefy booty. Try to find a holster maker that offers THAT level of service. (A good friend recently contacted him to make leather for a RDO equipped auto...same great CS.)

Kind of a timely thread as I just got done putting 2800mi on my Tundra in about 10 days again. About halfway thru, I was rolling somewhere along I-29, with my AWIB digging away thinking...”Well this sucks...”. Time to dust off the Browning and run some familiarity drills. Lol.

Attachment 29694

A pic of the Highwayman and my 28. I just think Wes’ work is outstanding.

Attachment 29695
    Last edited by entropy; 08-31-2018 at 08:42 AM.

Nice looking holsters and hanguns.

I have always liked the Bianchi Askins Avenger. It works well with a full-sized handgun (Beretta M96, Colt 1911, Browning Hi-Power are the guns I've used) and can be used on the range and as a concealment holster. Too bad Bianchi hasn't made it in years. I have tried a couple varieties of the AA but most don't have the aggressive cant or, worse, have no cant.

I see Wes does have a few variants of the old AA so one of these might be my next purchase.
    Last edited by Tokarev; 08-31-2018 at 12:06 PM.

User Tag List