Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: USBP Agent beat to death in Van Horn, Tx. (I know him)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I’m actually in the application process for USBP in that neck of the woods (NM and West TX), and very shocked by this. While I get people wanting a better life, that is what you are going to do to get it? Beat two L/E agents with a rock. I’m sure certain civil leaders will defend them, which pisses me off even more.

I originally wasn’t looking into USBP, but NJ is getting too screwed up to live in. Withdrew from the NJSP application process, which was probably the best thing I could have done... not being stuck in this state for 25 years, with pay freezes that nobody talks about. USBP is always on USAJobs, as is CBP. ICE and TSA are, as well... but wouldn’t want to do either of those. I do have a CBP position in Houlton, ME on the table, but feel like I could make a better difference going USBP.

Thoughts/prayers out to the agents and their families.
    The border is as it's always been, a hard and dangerous place. It's is not getting worse but you should not expect it to get better either.

If you are serious about this you need to do some research. start with image searches of "USBP Rocking" or "USBP Rock attacks." Follow that with searches of "Brian Terry," "Kris Eggle," "Theodore Newton" "George Azrak" and many others. One of my former co-workers has a six inch scar on the side of his head where his skull was fractured by three IA's who jumped him with rocks as impact weapons. Luckily he is a tough SOB and managed to get to his GP-100, killing one and wounding a second. The GP-100 should give you a clue this is nothing new.

There are some illegal migrants who simply want a better life. They are not the problem in this case, in fact, they are just another commodity to be smuggled and exploited. They will be held hostage and ransomed back to their families, sold into sex trafficking, or even stolen /kidnapped from one group of thugs by another group of thugs. "Family Groups" may not be family members but rather IA's traveling with children they have rented to avoid being detained for extended periods of time or smugglers bringing in kids. Sometimes to be re-united with family members already in the U.S., sometimes for other, darker purposes. IA's are regularly robbed, raped, murdered, or die of environmental conditions such as Heat, dehydration, hypothermia after being abandoned by their smugglers.

Some migrants are previously deported felons and gang member there are usually a few in each group of any size. Then there are the smugglers and the backpacker mules. Make no mistake, they are hardened criminals, as dangerous as those in the worst urban neighborhoods in the U.S.. USBP deals primarily with the smuggling groups many of which can be traced back a hundred years. These smuggling groups often use criminal street gangs and prison gangs as foot soldiers here in the U.S.. When USBP is mentioned people think illegal aliens but USBP actually seizes more drugs than any other federal agency.

I believe the suspects will turn out to be a crew with a drug load or previously deported IA's with criminal history in the U.S..

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The border is as it's always been, a hard and dangerous place. It's is not getting worse but you should not expect it to get better either.

If you are serious about this you need to do some research. start with image searches of "USBP Rocking" or "USBP Rock attacks." Follow that with searches of "Brian Terry," "Kris Eggle," "Theodore Newton" "George Azrak" and many others. One of my former co-workers has a six inch scar on the side of his head where his skull was fractured by three IA's who jumped him with rocks as impact weapons. Luckily he is a tough SOB and managed to get to his GP-100, killing one and wounding a second. The GP-100 should give you a clue this is nothing new.

There are some illegal migrants who simply want a better life. They are not the problem in this case, in fact, they are just another commodity to be smuggled and exploited. They will be held hostage and ransomed back to their families, sold into sex trafficking, or even stolen /kidnapped from one group of thugs by another group of thugs. "Family Groups" may not be family members but rather IA's traveling with children they have rented to avoid being detained for extended periods of time or smugglers bringing in kids. Sometimes to be re-united with family members already in the U.S., sometimes for other, darker purposes. IA's are regularly robbed, raped, murdered, or die of environmental conditions such as Heat, dehydration, hypothermia after being abandoned by their smugglers.

Some migrants are previously deported felons and gang member there are usually a few in each group of any size. Then there are the smugglers and the backpacker mules. Make no mistake, they are hardened criminals, as dangerous as those in the worst urban neighborhoods in the U.S.. USBP deals primarily with the smuggling groups many of which can be traced back a hundred years. These smuggling groups often use criminal street gangs and prison gangs as foot soldiers here in the U.S.. When USBP is mentioned people think illegal aliens but USBP actually seizes more drugs than any other federal agency.

I believe the suspects will turn out to be a crew with a drug load or previously deported IA's with criminal history in the U.S..
    This is spot on. I lived in El Paso and Cochise County AZ, for about ten years. There are some sections of border that are so truly violent, Iraq/Afghanistan level, and it goes unreported. Unless you live on the border, you don't know how bad it can be.
    Check out
    Www.borderlandbeat.com
    Last edited by Arbninftry; 11-21-2017 at 12:04 AM.

Rockings are a common occurrence. We had some Agents get rocked earlier today...when those rocks make contact the damage can be devistating. This is why rock throwers get shot. We’re seeing verified MS-13, 18th St, and other sets coming N on the regular. The dope mules can be hit or miss, most drop it and run, some want to fight you for it. Rip crews camp out on our side up in the mountains for weeks at a time and are usually heavily armed and absolute killers. Under reported? Yea...that’s an understatement. If the general public saw the intel reports floating around about what’s going on down S they’d freak, it’s a bloodbath down there daily.
    Last edited by TCB; 11-21-2017 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Rip crews camp out on our side up in the mountains for weeks at a time and are usually heavily armed and absolute killers.
    Those are the guys that scare me the most.
    A heavily armed team, often military trained.

I've come across a transfer of *something* between a Suburban and a Pickup way, way out in the middle of nowhere between Dell City and Van Horn while riding my dual-sport motorcycle.
    Ride around a corner and there they were, 1/4 mile away back to back.
    I did a 180 and unassed the area at a fast pace down the roughest 4x4 two-track roads I knew so they couldn't follow me.
    It's bad enough interrupting a transfer, it'd be even worse interrupting a rip off crew at the transfer.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Why is it it I have to come here to P-F to be educated on the current state of affairs in this country. This should be daily news. What is it going to take to get our people protected. Build the wall and start shooting these m-frs on sight. Let the bodies lay where they are let the vultures have them.
    Enact E-verify and get all these illegal fucks out of our country including DACA.
    Get all the Obama hold overs out of any govt position and get rid of the RINO's. Let the Dem's implode on their selves.
    Rant over
    Last edited by UNK; 11-21-2017 at 08:03 AM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Same reason you don't read about the dozens of successful defensive use of firearms by good people that happen daily.
    Politics and shaping the narrative for political (political = monetary) gains.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

A lot of the problem is not shooting enough rock throwers. How many border officers from various agencies have been hung out to dry for shooting rock throwers. I very much know at a personal level how hesitation due to public perception changes and prosecutions of officers for use of force for anything less than getting shot first factors in heavily. There are a lot of folks who would have gotten righteously shot 25 to 30 years ago that will land you in jail today. Go back to the Border back in the Progibition and Depression era and there was zero tolerance of any shenanigans from smugglers and aliens. Today, they are an adored and protected class of criminals. Having had my head pounded in with a crescent wrench by an “unarmed black man” because I was way too hesitant to shoot him in the middle of a freeway on a Sunday afternoon in SoCal, I can empathize with the officers subjected to this daily. By the way, you will also end up getting screwed again by your agency if you are lucky enough to survive when it comes time to deal with injuries that never get better. We have simply lost the war on crime. I feel horribly bad for the agents and officers working the border who are demonized from a country that simply has a press and outspoken group of people who have bestowed sainthood on criminals.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 11-21-2017 at 08:59 AM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

My thoughts are with all the men and women working the borderlands. I've only spent a bit of time in those areas of TX, NM and AZ and can't say I miss the task...but love the landscape.

Be safe.

Site Supporter
    Rest In Peace Brother and Speedy Recovery Officer. Good Hunting and Be Safe Brothers.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    A lot of the problem is not shooting enough rock throwers. How many border officers from various agencies have been hung out to dry for shooting rock throwers.
    Yup. We see a lot of hesitation in the use of PDF, especially from the newer and younger Agents. Shenanigans should not be tolerated. Not enough confidence in their ability to wright it comes into play, a guarantee of being demonized by the media and public...knowing it’s gonna be a shit show without much support from the Agency. I’ve seen a lot of guys who just took the lumps rather than ending it, justifiably, leagaly, righteously where no questions would have been asked...and they just get more emboldened.

User Tag List