Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: USBP Agent beat to death in Van Horn, Tx. (I know him)

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    #1 responded to a sensor alert and wouldn't answer his radio.
    His backup arrived a few minutes later and also went silent for quite a while until he called for help.
    The culvert is a concrete bridge over a dry wash that's about 15' deep, both were found at the bottom of it.
    Yeah. Pretty suspicious "fall." Why would the FBI be so non committal? Is there some political maneuvering in the federal LE world I don't understand?

Possibly, they have a lead and don't want to reveal it, or how they got it.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    My rather liberal sister just sent me this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...9ef_story.html

Comments? Link to article about FBI report in the article as well.
    FWIW, I got a lot of shit a little under a decade ago on various social media (not here) for my stance that we’ve lost our mainstream media. A few of my more vocal opponents have since PM’d me, or otherwise indicated that I may have been right. This dates back to some stories about the patriot guard and starbucks, among other topics, going back years. Just saying.

I don’t know anything about this story, beyond what I’ve read here, and I wasn’t there.

However, comma, I’ve seen enough out of Jody over the years to be much more inclined to trust his commentary than some article by some reporter, somewhere. Just saying. I admit to my biases, but I come by them through *direct* experience.

I’m gonna be casting Forrest Whittaker eye on the big media story until some more facts roll in, and I don’t even particularly like Trump.

Carry on.

Yeah. Pretty suspicious "fall." Why would the FBI be so non committal? Is there some political maneuvering in the federal LE world I don't understand?
    All the FBI has said is what evidence they have or have not found. The conclusions have been offered by people with no information (media, politicians).
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Talking to the media about an ongoing investigation is often problematic for the ongoing investigation. I refuse to talk to the media directly and am clear with the PIO what I am ok with being released, what I'm not, and sometimes a bit of misinformation is intentionally passed along. "We have no suspects" when I have a suspect but he's gone to ground sort of thing. Sometimes the media is complicit, they know the info is bad and are let it on it to maintain the relationship. Other times they aren't.

Nothing good, from an investigator standpoint, comes from putting too much info into the public too soon.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Nobody I've talked to thinks this was an accident, but then again I haven't talked to any of the Big Bend sector guys since New Years.
    I am headed down south in a week or two backpacking in Big Bend NP so I might hear more then.
    Last edited by JodyH; 02-12-2018 at 06:26 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

The drop wasn’t 15’, it’s closer to 9’ and was onto sand...

User Tag List