Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lem question

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    And thank YOU for posting the original question. I always assumed the LEM was safe in this manner, but it's always nice to see verification of these things
    You know at first I wasn’t sure if I should post it or just keep googling for an answer. Almost felt a little silly asking but after the 320 debacle I really want to learn how the guns I own work. Especially the safety aspects of them. So I figured I may look a little foolish but I’ll learn something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Point Aficionado View Post
    4. The cocking piece would free-wheel inside the lowered external hammer until catching on it which would only leave a fraction of an inch in which to accelerate before being stopped by the slide and firing pin. Almost certainly not enough room to reach a speed capable of torching a primer.
    I kind of assumed that with as little room as it had to travel it wouldn’t have enough energy to ignite a primer even with a compressed mainspring but I just was never sure. Of course I always thought that about glock and I was wrong about that.

Regardless you guys have all made some really good points about how it all works and I really appreciate the replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List