Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My New Favorite JRC Holster: The Watson With Tiger Tail...

Yes, I will be adding this into the line up. It probably won't be on the site for a bit, but will run the same price as the CDA II and can be available whenever anyone wants to get in the queue. Right now lead times are running 10-16 weeks. Wish I could give you a better lead time, but I have already started cutting down on orders to speed up leads.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Do you have a pic of just the holster? If it's what I'm thinking of, this may be a good alternative to an SME for a wing/claw style holster.
    Name:  IMG_20171119_224103.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  27.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_20171119_224106.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  28.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_20171119_224123.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  24.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_20171119_224128.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  29.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_20171119_224132.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  25.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_20171119_224136.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  26.5 KB
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Stupid question:. Does it squeak and creak? My CDA always made leathery creaking noises when moving.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Stupid question:. Does it squeak and creak? My CDA always made leathery creaking noises when moving.
    Not a problem I've had, but I'll refresh my mind and ears tomorrow. I wore my CDAII at the ToddG memorial shoot and no one noticed around me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Do you consider the bottom wedge an absolute necessity to keep the grip tucked in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crews View Post
    Do you consider the bottom wedge an absolute necessity to keep the grip tucked in?

Is this for me, JRC or both and can you rephrase it, as I'm not following. What 'wedge' are you referring to? The gel pad? The 'tail'?

A couple of things:

1. I use a mastermind belt, so I don't get creaking that way.
    2. When I use a leather belt with a solid belt loop, not split, then I can get some creaking.
    3. This version has 2 leather belt snaps and I get no creaking.
    4. For reference, my CDAII doesn't creak with my mastermind belt even though it has the full belt loop.

Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    A couple of things:

1. I use a mastermind belt, so I don't get creaking that way.
    2. When I use a leather belt with a solid belt loop, not split, then I can get some creaking.
    3. This version has 2 leather belt snaps and I get no creaking.
    4. For reference, my CDAII doesn't creak with my mastermind belt even though it has the full belt loop.

Does that make sense?

Yes, makes sense. On my CDA the solid loop rubs on the wing and makes a loud creaking noise. I purchased second hand, but it appears to be made from a relatively high gloss black leather.

Yes, makes sense. On my CDA the solid loop rubs on the wing and makes a loud creaking noise. I purchased second hand, but it appears to be made from a relatively high gloss black leather.
    A little tip to help with the squeaking. Put some sticky velcro on the leather, behind the loop. That should make a big difference. Sometimes there will be a squeak when the loop flexes against the holster... sometimes not.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Is this for me, JRC or both and can you rephrase it, as I'm not following. What 'wedge' are you referring to? The gel pad? The 'tail'?
    My apologies for not being clear, I am referring to the gel pad wedge on the bottom.

User Tag List