Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My New Favorite JRC Holster: The Watson With Tiger Tail...

Quote Originally Posted by Crews View Post
    My apologies for not being clear, I am referring to the gel pad wedge on the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Totally personal. I like it for comfort and that it keeps my muzzle where I want. I abhor the wedge/spongy pads, but everyone is built different. I could probably run a JRC without a pad, but I prefer it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    A couple of things:

1. I use a mastermind belt, so I don't get creaking that way.
    2. When I use a leather belt with a solid belt loop, not split, then I can get some creaking.
    3. This version has 2 leather belt snaps and I get no creaking.
    4. For reference, my CDAII doesn't creak with my mastermind belt even though it has the full belt loop.

Does that make sense?

Interesting stuff - I have a JRC CDAII in the works. I've looked at the pics, but still not totally getting what the difference is between the tail and the CDAII. I'm 5'8, 170, avg build. Will that tail wear down over time? I do like the PTD though vs the fixed loop.

Quote Originally Posted by chingy98 View Post
    Interesting stuff - I have a JRC CDAII in the works. I've looked at the pics, but still not totally getting what the difference is between the tail and the CDAII. I'm 5'8, 170, avg build. Will that tail wear down over time? I do like the PTD though vs the fixed loop.
    No, that tail isn't wearing in my unprofessional opinion.

Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

That looks really nice. I’m very interested in seeing some reviews on it.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Totally personal. I like it for comfort and that it keeps my muzzle where I want. I abhor the wedge/spongy pads, but everyone is built different. I could probably run a JRC without a pad, but I prefer it.

Great, I’ve always hated the foam wedges too. I have tried holsters in the past that wouldn’t work without one, even with plenty of “horizontal wedge” built in.

That's a pretty solution!

Costing me more money...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am currently waiting on one of JRC'S AIWB-CDA-II holsters, but this model could very well end up being my next rig from them.

Jim is one of, if not the, nicest guys I've ever dealt with when it comes to ordering gear and I've found him to be extremely accommodating to reasonable custom requests. Throw in that the gear you get from displays such excellent craftsmanship and it shouldn't be surprising that he's become my go to man for leather gear. Truth be told, I refer to JRC to one of my friends as "my leather guy" when we talk holsters.

I know kydex has a lot of things going for it, and I certainly believe it has its place in gear. However, for a holster that I'm going to put on at 7AM and not take off again until 8PM, I've had phenomenal success with JRC leather in the "put it on and be so comfortable that you forget it's there" department.

Site Supporter
    You’re making me pinch pennies that could be used for ammo on holsters. Not cool.

User Tag List