Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Langdon M9 Review

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    A 92FS is easy to carry concealed with a proper holster and belt.

It conceals easily under a T-shirt.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Surprisingly so, right?

I've learned a lot AIWB and practicing with the 92:

1.) AIWB works better the more the holster is in the center line of the body - it is quicker to clear the cover garment.

2.) Concealment favors the holster more toward the iliac crest, off center line.

3.) Deeper ride height is better for concealment, worse for the draw.

4.) There is a sweet spot of good draw and good concealment, takes some experimentation - I drilled more holes in my Keepers holster...

I wear it almost everywhere - as long as I can be in casual clothes etc that cover the gun. If I've got to wear a button down shirt or something, then, I rethink what I can effectively carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Surprisingly so, right?

I've learned a lot AIWB and practicing with the 92:

1.) AIWB works better the more the holster is in the center line of the body - it is quicker to clear the cover garment.

2.) Concealment favors the holster more toward the iliac crest, off center line.

3.) Deeper ride height is better for concealment, worse for the draw.

4.) There is a sweet spot of good draw and good concealment, takes some experimentation - I drilled more holes in my Keepers holster...

I wear it almost everywhere - as long as I can be in casual clothes etc that cover the gun. If I've got to wear a button down shirt or something, then, I rethink what I can effectively carry.

I’ve been dry firing with long sleeve button down. I keep the bottom button undone and it’s no problem at all to clear garment and holster. I am so happy to finally found a pistol home. After my Army time- I’d have never predicted that Beretta 92’s work for me. When I got my CCW with the M9- the instructor laughed at me for having the M9.
    I wish I had just stayed in Beretta the whole time. I have either gotten smarter or Beretta is enjoying a renaissance.
    Guys like Ernest Langdon and Les among others on this forum have definitely helped me on my way.

Can’t wait for my four Beretta pistols to be back in stock!
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

I’ll be shooting my Langdon M9 in the Advanced LTT class in 2 weeks. Really digging the gun so far. Everything you need and nothing you don’t.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    I’ve been dry firing with long sleeve button down. I keep the bottom button undone and it’s no problem at all to clear garment and holster. I am so happy to finally found a pistol home. After my Army time- I’d have never predicted that Beretta 92’s work for me. When I got my CCW with the M9- the instructor laughed at me for having the M9.
    I wish I had just stayed in Beretta the whole time. I have either gotten smarter or Beretta is enjoying a renaissance.
    Guys like Ernest Langdon and Les among others on this forum have definitely helped me on my way.

Can’t wait for my four Beretta pistols to be back in stock!

Thanks man... I appreciate that.

Least desirable part of a 92 for AIWB is weight not size, and that is what makes the PX4C a joy.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Least desirable part of a 92 for AIWB is weight not size, and that is what makes the PX4C a joy.
    I'm fat, so I don't notice!

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I DO carry a rail-less Beretta 92G most of the time. It has a spurless hammer, my sight, and some WC grips. Oh, and the flat wire spring (as a T&E)... I like it. The gun is uncomplicated. The trigger is totally manageable.

http://instagram.com/p/Ba6xNx6HA85/

The trick is to a have a really good holster for the pistol. Clyde from Carolina mentioned that holster options have gotten better for the 92. I totally agree.

I'll say that the Keepers Concealment AIWB is what really makes this work - It is the gold standard for carrying a 92.
    Dude, where did you find D hammers?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I picked mine up my M9 this afternoon and put 50 rounds through it.

Things I like:
    -Front sight
    -Extended magazine release. I can actuate the release without breaking my grip, unlike my 92G
    -Grip texture
    -I think the pistol looks sharp
    -D-spring (one is going in my 92G ASAP)

Undecided:
    -Grip circumference. I'll have to do some timer/accuracy work to see if the thinner grips are better for me.

Not great:
    -The decock lever will occasionally stick in the down position, deactivating the trigger. It happened twice during my range session and a couple times during my dry fire session this evening. The spring seems maybe a tad weaker than the spring in my 92G. I'll see if it will break in

At any rate, I'm very happy with the pistol and I look forward to working with it. It has been a year since I have made any serious effort with DA/SA to I'll have to get back up to speed.

I made the mistake of handling a Px4CC in the store. It stayed in the store but is was very tempting........

Name:  IMG_1677.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  73.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    I picked mine up my M9 this afternoon and put 50 rounds through it.

Things I like:
    -Front sight
    -Extended magazine release. I can actuate the release without breaking my grip, unlike my 92G
    -Grip texture
    -I think the pistol looks sharp
    -D-spring (one is going in my 92G ASAP)

Undecided:
    -Grip circumference. I'll have to do some timer/accuracy work to see if the thinner grips are better for me.

Not great:
    -The decock lever will occasionally stick in the down position, deactivating the trigger. It happened twice during my range session and a couple times during my dry fire session this evening. The spring seems maybe a tad weaker than the spring in my 92G. I'll see if it will break in

At any rate, I'm very happy with the pistol and I look forward to working with it. It has been a year since I have made any serious effort with DA/SA to I'll have to get back up to speed.

I made the mistake of handling a Px4CC in the store. It stayed in the store but is was very tempting........

Name:  IMG_1677.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  73.3 KB
    I think you may find that its the combo of grips and extended magazine release that makes the mag release accessible without breaking grip.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Dude, where did you find D hammers?
    It was made by AGW - a spurless hammer, in the D-style.

User Tag List