Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdon M9 Review

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Because I'm the rare guy who likes FL guide rods in 1911s.
    You admit this publicly? I mean, besides in those 12-step programs where they have you say, "My name is Hambo, and I like FLGRs."

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    It kind of seemed like my M9L was a bit snappier, but my steel rod Berettas have different grips and recoil springs, so who knows.

I put another 200+ through mine this morning. Everything works, no failures, with some reloads and 147gr JHP. Shot a 96xx on The Test cold.

In the other thread I posted about removing the extended mag release because I dropped a mag while shooting. Well, with a standard release I did the exact same thing this morning. I like the skinny grips...a lot. But if this is going to be a thing I'm going to have to swap them out.
    Hambo, my suggestion would be to try the regular thickness VZ/WC grips, or you could try the less expensive Ergo Grips https://www.ergogrips.net/shop/ergo-...el-92m-9-grip/
    https://www.ergogrips.net/shop/ergo-...el-92m-9-grip/

You could try those with the extended magazine release, or if necessary, go to the standard Beretta magazine release-whatever works best for you and how you index to and with the gun.

Best, Jon

i've got pretty big hands, and the grips on the Brig-Tac work great for me. so i'm thinking i may end up swapping out the ultra-thins on the Cent-Tac for normal thickness grips from Wilson ($76 a pair...sigh). and also put a set on my old 92F. Birthday is in April. something to save up for.

Has anyone considered this as a carry gun or is it a nice collectible gun instead? I know with the CenTac being out at the same time this M9 is getting as much publicity, but I really like my plain Jane M9 and found I can conceal it. Taking it out for a ccw spin tomorrow.
    Or is the M9 simply just to long for serious long term ccw.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Has anyone considered this as a carry gun or is it a nice collectible gun instead? I know with the CenTac being out at the same time this M9 is getting as much publicity, but I really like my plain Jane M9 and found I can conceal it. Taking it out for a ccw spin tomorrow.
    I carry a 92 series of one type or another daily, sometimes even with a light on it. Good holsters make all the difference. A proper foam wedge makes the muzzle-length a non-issue for appendix carry.

there are just far too many better options for CCW IMHO. M9 definitely has a place in a collection, but, for CCW, you are better off elsewhere. Plenty of lighter, slimmer, and smaller packages with the same mag capacity out there.

Has anyone considered this as a carry gun
    That's why I bought it.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I know @Les Pepperoni carries a full size 92G, and i know @YVK carried an Elite II for a time. Spencer Keepers (whose screen name escapes me at the moment) is carrying a 92 at the moment.

I think the full size 92 can dedinitely be concealed. Alot of it has to do with belt, holster, and clothing. I think after I vet my LM9 it could definitely be a carry gun for me. I think a 92 fullsize carry gun is pretty inevitable for me, i just forgot how well they fit my hand and point

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 11-21-2017 at 07:37 AM.

I’ve been carrying my 92 BT in a JMCK #3 IWB for the last month or so, ever since I realized I shot it measurably better than my 226. I find it not difficult to conceal at all. Quality belts and holsters make the weight manageable. I have a new 92 Compact that I’m putting through a vetting process now. It will likely become my replacement 228/239.

I carry my full-size 92D, it's not difficult. I use both IWB and OWB holsters, depending upon the clothing involved. Stability is important when carrying a relatively large and somewhat heavy full-size pistol, so it's important to match holster, belt and magazine pouch choices so that everything meshes together into an effective and comfortable overall package. I usually use one of my Olen Holsters kydex holsters, a Wilderness, Galco or Blade-Tech belt, and Wilderness, Tactical Tailor or Olen magazine pouches.

Best, Jon

User Tag List