Thread: I sense a great disturbance in the revolving wheel today

I sense a great disturbance in the revolving wheel today

Really wishing I was at the Revolver Round Up today. It always sounds like a good time, wisdom and info from guys that “know”, training and range time with the same guys, and cool old revolvers to eyeball. Maybe when the daughters out of school.... until then I’ll check in and try to absorb as much as I can through here.

Now it’s off to work but I think I’ll take the SP101 instead of the J frame today just to have my own mini round up. (Although I really hope I don’t have to shoot it until I get home and have a little practice session of my own).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I'm working a charity fundraiser with a Model 64 for company.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device via Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Farting around the house and studio today: 642 time.

SP-101 3 in. in a DSG AIWB

A disturbance in the Force, yes, but a positive one, I believe.

An SP101 snub-gun is in my left front pocket, as I type this. Kramer pocket holster, of course. Yes, I, too, must plan to attend a future Revolver Round-Up.

My last revolver-oriented event was the Snubby Summit, in 2005, in Florida.

I last carried a revolver in my police duty holster in 1997, when I switched to 1911 pistols for that role, but I was still pointing 4” .357 revolvers at felony suspects, somewhat frequently, as recently as late 2006, because nothing prohibited me from carrying a “back-up” weapon larger than my “primary” duty pistol. (By the end of 2006, I had added a second P229, to complement my duty P229.)

In the twilight of my LEO-ing career, I am contemplating what may become my most-carried weapon system, post-retirement. It may well be Ruger revolvers, supplemented by 1911 pistols. The Glocks will probably remain with me, but perhaps mostly for abusive environments, such as the local bays and salt marshes.
    Last edited by Rex G; 11-18-2017 at 05:06 PM.

@Rex G I like your post retirement weapon plan. Good luck in your retirement. It is well earned with all those years in LE.

I got this 625-3 in 45 ACP today, could that have caused some of the disturbance?Name:  90E0A376-EF1D-4A01-90FF-D7C949D17545.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  37.9 KB

User Tag List