Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Systems Perun (Phantom Replacement)

Oops. I think I should have put this post in the existing Perun thread.

@Tom Jones
    Last edited by cornstalker; 01-25-2019 at 11:01 PM.

@RCSMichael - Any thoughts on when you might be coming out with an RCS Perun for the Sig P365 or Sig P365XL?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    @RCSMichael - Any thoughts on when you might be coming out with an RCS Perun for the Sig P365 or Sig P365XL?

Thank you.

I spoke with Raven on the phone about three weeks ago and the lady told me maybe six months before the P365 would be available.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Thank you.
    We will probably only do the Perun in the P365XL configuration, since the standard P365 is so small. We have been getting excellent file support from Sig, which is why you'll be seeing a number of new Sig holsters being released by RCS in the next 7-10 days. The P365XL is in the pipeline, but a little further out.
    Michael Goerlich
    Owner
    Raven Concealment Systems, LLC
    www.ravenconcealment.com

Quote Originally Posted by RCSMichael View Post
    We will probably only do the Perun in the P365XL configuration, since the standard P365 is so small. We have been getting excellent file support from Sig, which is why you'll be seeing a number of new Sig holsters being released by RCS in the next 7-10 days. The P365XL is in the pipeline, but a little further out.
    Thank you very much.

I definitely see a P365XL on the horizon for me. My Perun is absolutely my favorite EDC for my G19, and I would really like to get one for the small Sig as soon as they are available.

Rich

Back at post #85 there was this...

3) IWB capability - YES, there will be an IWB accessory bundle available in the future, but probably not until sometime late in Q1 2018. When it does come online, we will still sell the holster as Perun OWB and Perun IWB SKU's, and then allow the IWB and OWB hardware bundles to be purchased separately.
    I know I missed some posts in-between, but have the IWB mounts become available? I don't see anything at the website.

I just checked, to see if the Perun was available, yet, for 1911 pistols. An ambi-capable holster, with a high sweat shield, on both sides, to keep the thumb safety lever from inadvertent manipulation, seemed to be a good idea.

Result: Well, negative.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I don't speak for Raven in the least, but OOF there's a tremendous amount of variance in the various 1911s made between 1907 and the presence. Dimensions and geometry are just all over the place, and I can't think of a single agency-level customer running a singular configuration sizable enough to justify modeling one up, much less cutting molds for them.

Put the frame and slide variation aside and focus on thumb-safeties along, since you mentioned them - think about a Perun sweat shield as it would have to be designed to accomodate the larger and ambi safeties used on the last of the duty 1911s in CONUS LE, and how that may or may not conflict with concealment holster design.

(Really, as with many a weapon that's called out for, it's just not consumed nor holstered in sufficient quantities to justify it; but the 1911 rises above most other pistols as far as the absolute range of considerations involved with making a good holster for even just one.)
    Jules
    Runcible Works

RCS OWB Wings?

Couldn't find a better place to post this:

I've got a Phantom for my 1911 that I picked up used with 1.5 standard belt loops. I want to run it on my 1.75 belts and I'm curious about the standard belt loops vs the OWB Pancake Wings Raven offers. Anyone used both? Are the wings more comfortable?

I hate seeing this thread go dead - there’s a lot of valuable information here.

I’ve posted before about my need to go OWB due to surgical scar pain with IWB. I’ve been using Winthrop leather pancakes, but I miss the easy on and off I had with my IWB holsters.

I picked up a Perun for my 19.5 a few years ago, but it never got much use because shortly after buying it I mounted a TLR7 on the 19. For some reason I never broke it back out for my 45.

Yesterday morning there was a new thread about the Perun plus QMS loops. This made me dig out my Perun, mount the straight drop loops and use it throughout the day. I was impressed enough that I ordered one for a new gun that is coming that needs a holster, and also for two of my usual carry Glocks (plus an extra QMS for this 19 holster.) I’ve spent more on a single holster than I did for all of these.

Let’s see how this goes. I’m hoping the QMS loops hold the holster tight enough to my waist, I use either a Wilderness or Kore belt and both are thick and stiff.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List