Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Systems Perun (Phantom Replacement)

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Still no M&P but a LC9? Wow.
    Yeah, I’m curious about that too.

Site Supporter
    Name:  05de1a386309db60f76d6a8470b18a9e6336c381e3279e6b12b3b4c3a078803d.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  37.0 KB

I don't even know what a Ruger EC9 is.

I'm finding it quite interesting that one is borderline SOL - with several holster companies - unless they are right handers carrying a Glock.

When I saw the announcement I had high hopes. Dashed.

Oh well. I've bought a couple JMCK holsters in the last 13-14 months and am quite happy with them. PHLster seems to have finally acknowledged that left handers & non-Glocks exist though I'm awaiting actual L/H feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Yeah...LC9?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We were stunned to learn in meetings with Ruger how many units of the LC9, LC9s, and EC9 they had sold, and continue to sell, even in a very soft market for gun sales. Several of our dealers that are gun stores have reported that the LC9 family is their top-selling handgun, particularly with first-time gun buyers. Apart from the raw number of units sold, the appeal for us was the opportunity to be the first holster for these first-time buyers, because establishing that sort of primacy with a new customer is crucial to ensuring they buy their second, third, and fourth holsters from RCS, also. If this model sells well (initial results have been strong), we will likely also produce a Perun for the Security 9, and possibly also offer VG2 support for them. If not, the LC9 will likely be the only Ruger offering we produce.

By contrast, the combined sales of Perun, Morrigan, and VG2 for the M&P Shield have been lackluster, despite the enormous number of Shields that have been sold. M&P owners haven't exactly given me a lot of motivation outside of bitching on social media as to why I should expand model support for the full size and compact M&P 2.0. We still plan to support those guns eventually, but I don't think it's unreasonable to assign them a low priority based on historic sales data for our existing lines.
    Last edited by RCSMichael; 11-26-2018 at 02:18 PM.
    Michael Goerlich
    Owner
    Raven Concealment Systems, LLC
    www.ravenconcealment.com

Quote Originally Posted by RCSMichael View Post
    We were stunned to learn in meetings with Ruger how many units of the LC9, LC9s, and EC9 they had sold, and continue to sell, even in a very soft market for gun sales. Several of our dealers that are gun stores have reported that the LC9 family is their top-selling handgun, particularly with first-time gun buyers. Apart from the raw number of units sold, the appeal for us was the opportunity to be the first holster for these first-time buyers, because that establishing that sort of primacy with a new customer is crucial to ensuring they buy their second, third, and fourth holsters from RCS, also. If this model sells well (initial results have been strong), we will likely also produce a Perun for the Security 9, and possibly also offer VG2 support for them. If not, the LC9 will likely be the only Ruger offering we produce.

By contrast, the combined sales of Perun, Morrigan, and VG2 for the M&P Shield have been lackluster, despite the enormous number of Shields that have been sold. M&P owners haven't exactly given me a lot of motivation outside of bitching on social media as to why I should expand model support for the full size and compact M&P 2.0. We still plan to support those guns eventually, but I don't think it's unreasonable to assign them a low priority based on historic sales data for our existing lines.
    I get it! This isn’t, show friends, it’s show BUSINESS!

No Glock Gen5 Still?

I guess Raven has abandoned Glock Gen5's AIWB. The Eidolon still says for gens 3 and 4. I understand not making holsters for models that don't sell but I would have thought Glock Gen5s would still be viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    I guess Raven has abandoned Glock Gen5's AIWB. The Eidolon still says for gens 3 and 4. I understand not making holsters for models that don't sell but I would have thought Glock Gen5s would still be viable.
    All I own are Gen 5 Glocks now. When I Casey a Glock, it’s in an Eidolon. It works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    All I own are Gen 5 Glocks now. When I Casey a Glock, it’s in an Eidolon. It works for me.

Not without the outboard slide stop lever pushing the outer sweat shield out. It may go in, but it isn't right.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    I’m hoping RCS will provide us a light bearing (TLR1) IWB G5 solution in the not so distant future.

It would be great if the Perun could be adapted for IWB use.

User Tag List