Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Systems Perun (Phantom Replacement)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Maybe I'm alone here, but I can't get excited about this design. It seems to be trying to be all things to all people with a full shield on both sides, multiple different kinds of attachments, left handed or right handed compatible. I imagine this being more attractive for agency/gov sales than individual enthusiasts, although most agency requirements for issued OWB holsters require some kind of active retention. As an enthusiast, I know exactly how I want my holsters setup, and it's generally not best achieved by a "one size fits all" solution.
    I beleive they would have been better off releasing this and keeping the Phantom as their "premium" line.

I wish more makers would incorporate the soft belt loops, (Biothane), like Tom Kelley uses on his DSG OWB holster. Just a (strong) personal preference in that regard.

They have soft loop attachments, I use them to convert my shield phantom to iwb.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    They have soft loop attachments, I use them to convert my shield phantom to iwb.
    He is talking about soft loops for OWB. Like this:

Name:  IMG_1704.jpg
Views: 1444
Size:  44.5 KB

HCM is correct. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that preference.

To me it's a win, win. It's secure with a bit of built in flexibility, hugs the belt and body well and resists cracking / breaking.

Tom sent me one a month or two back and it was the only OWB design that really grabbed my attention, even before I ever got my hands on one.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    He is talking about soft loops for OWB. Like this:

Name:  IMG_1704.jpg
Views: 1444
Size:  44.5 KB
    Raven actually has soft loops for OWB. On the phantom line. They are the QMS. I use them quite regularly and they work well. Keep the holster tucked tight enough and are easy on easy off.

The smaller footprint should be better for skinny, bony folks like me. My right-hand Phantom for the 1911, with vertical draw, which I wear a bit forward of 0300, is OK, but my canted lefty Phantom for the G19 + X300 is too wide to find a comfortable place on my anatomy. (I may try different types of loops, if I decide to keep usng Glocks after I retire from LEO-ing.) I have already moved on, however, to JMCK for future orders.
    Last edited by Rex G; 11-18-2017 at 05:24 PM.

Site Supporter
    Not feeling this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Goerlich
    Nobody was asking for the Eidolon before I made it, either. As the old (alleged) Henry Ford quote goes: "If I'd given the people what they asked for, it would have been 'faster horses.'" ;P

I think if you guys stop for a minute and reflect on whether there have been any...say....I dunno, major new pistol adoptions by any large federal law enforcement agencies or other military branches, and then think about what sort of carry method might be mandated by such hypothetical organizations, one could almost start to see how this project took precedence over making more models of an AIWB product with a demographic consisting of maybe a thousand people.

There's big stuff in the works across the board. But this HAD to happen. 16 months ago, we had 60+ employees. That's the headcount required to support the demand we had for the Phantom family, the corresponding magazine carriers, and the Morrigan family. To meet just the .gov demands that were shaping up, we were looking at having to double (or more) our headcount to meet demand and delivery timetables, using a production method which we had already scaled as far as was economically viable. Candidly, it almost imploded the company, and at the worst time in the market...just as the Trump slump hit.

So at some point, as a manufacturer, you realize that if you're spending the equivalent of two injection molds per month on payroll, maybe there's a better way to solve this problem -- like spending that money making injection molds. The end result is that we have 1/3 the headcount, and those employees are able to produce 500% more product with a vastly higher degree of quality and consistency.

We did the Copia, which nobody was asking for, but doing the Copia allowed us to cut SKUs and production costs, which meant we could make Phantoms faster. Nobody asked us to replace the Phantom with something that does what the Copia did for us, but doing that means that sooner or later, we'll be able to dive head-first into expanding the Eidolon family.
    Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PSPr..."tn"%3A"R5"%7D

@RCSMichael
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 11-18-2017 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    It was an excellent business decision, no doubt. I just am not digging the execution (as I said, it looks like a Blade Tech Total Eclipse). I like the fact that it is adjustable tension and RMR compatible, but I don’t see it as earth shattering. All that being said, I didn’t like the Eidelon after using it. I’ll probably still buy one of these so I can form a decent opinion. Also, I hate thinly veiled allusion to government contracts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List