Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Systems Perun (Phantom Replacement)

@RCSMichael

Any idea on ballpark timeline for P320+ TLR-1HL? Technically it's a Carry/Compact, but I'd have no problem with a full-size/generic P320 sizing. I'm going to need holster for that combo soon (next month or so), and if the Perun will be available for that fitment soon I'll likely hold out for it.
    Last edited by DpdG; 05-26-2018 at 05:15 PM. Reason: clarification
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    @RCSMichael

Any idea on ballpark timeline for P320+ TLR-1HL? Technically it's a Carry/Compact, but I'd have no problem with a full-size/generic P320 sizing. I'm going to need holster for that combo soon (next month or so), and if the Perun will be available for that fitment soon I'll likely hold out for it.
    Sorry for the lag...I was on the road last week for SOFIC and didn't have time to monitor the forums.

The P320 Compact will be the first Sig model to drop, and they should begin cutting the mold cavities for it in the next couple weeks. The LC versions are a bit further behind, but in the works.
    Michael Goerlich
    Owner
    Raven Concealment Systems, LLC
    www.ravenconcealment.com

Still following this puppy. Eagerly awaiting the VP9 model to complement my old phantom.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by RCSMichael View Post
    Sorry for the lag...I was on the road last week for SOFIC and didn't have time to monitor the forums.

The P320 Compact will be the first Sig model to drop, and they should begin cutting the mold cavities for it in the next couple weeks. The LC versions are a bit further behind, but in the works.
    Thank you and no worries for the delay. Safe to assume “a bit further behind” is a month or two after the regular P320? If that’s the case, I’ll hold off purchasing a competitor’s product.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

@RCSMichael

First, thank you for taking the time to keep tabs on this thread.

I saw this in the description for the G19 Perun..."The Glock Perun is compatible with generation 3-5 Glock pistols." Is the gen 2 19 intentionally excluded or just omitted due to age? If it's not compatible with gen 2 what makes it so?

Thanks - Francis

Had a chance to run the Perun LC in for a few hours in class yesterday. It was subjected to being slammed on the dirt in barricade drills, shooting under barricades, and running a lot of movement drills. I thought I would dislike the dual sweat guards, but it doesn't bother me. If I were using a carbine and the Perun while doing similar drills, I like that the outer sweat guard protects the gun somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    @RCSMichael

First, thank you for taking the time to keep tabs on this thread.

I saw this in the description for the G19 Perun..."The Glock Perun is compatible with generation 3-5 Glock pistols." Is the gen 2 19 intentionally excluded or just omitted due to age? If it's not compatible with gen 2 what makes it so?

Thanks - Francis
    You could try it, but it's probably going to be too loose. Basically, Glock frames have grown slightly chunkier over the years/generations. Even early Gen 3 guns can be a little sloppy in the Perun. We could have made the holster able to accommodate a wider range of frame sizes, but that would have made the fitment less optimal for all of them. We made the choice to optimize it for the newer guns, so the older ones will be up to the user to determine if the fit is acceptable -- but we aren't responsible if it does not have safe levels of retention since we excluded it from the list.
    Michael Goerlich
    Owner
    Raven Concealment Systems, LLC
    www.ravenconcealment.com

Quote Originally Posted by RCSMichael View Post
    You could try it, but it's probably going to be too loose. Basically, Glock frames have grown slightly chunkier over the years/generations. Even early Gen 3 guns can be a little sloppy in the Perun. We could have made the holster able to accommodate a wider range of frame sizes, but that would have made the fitment less optimal for all of them. We made the choice to optimize it for the newer guns, so the older ones will be up to the user to determine if the fit is acceptable -- but we aren't responsible if it does not have safe levels of retention since we excluded it from the list.
    @RCSMichael

Thank you for the info. I have gen 2 and 4 so will order with fair warning.

Thank you again.

Now that I've had Peruns for a month or so, I'm happy to say that I've got no issues with it. The dual sweat guards are not a problem at all.

I do still wish for 1.75" belt loops so that I can use it more often, but for now the Perun fills a niche at work between my AIWB setup and my semi-concealed OWB setup. It's an ideal holster under a sport coat.

User Tag List