Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Systems Perun (Phantom Replacement)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    Hopefully Michael or someone in the know will chime in. I carry a Gen4 17 and 26 in an Eidolon. I've been pondering a Gen5 19 but am under the impression that the Eidolon isn't compatible with Gen5s. Raven's website says the Eidolon is compatible through gen4. Others have reported having to cut away material to make it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully Michael or someone in the know will chime in. I carry a Gen4 17 and 26 in an Eidolon. I've been pondering a Gen5 19 but am under the impression that the Eidolon isn't compatible with Gen5s. Raven's website says the Eidolon is compatible through gen4. Others have reported having to cut away material to make it work.
    I wouldn’t let the possibility of a particular holster not working stop me from buying a Gen 5. I prefer them over a Gen 4, all I shoot now are the 5’s.

The JM 2.0 is very similar to the Eidolon. I’ve carried Berettas and 1911’s in them because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSMichael View Post
    ... because you guys are certainly a vocal demographic, and not shy about demanding support -- you just don't vote with your wallets.
    Michael, I understand the business issues. I just wish I could spend my money with a company I trust & respect that I've been buying holsters, pouches, etc from for years. I can't spend it with your firm for the foreseable future.

I know you’ve got a list of models already and have to fight the ones that won’t sell, but I know I’d buy one for a railed 1911 w/ 300U and some FS and 2.0C M&P models.

At the moment, I am sorry to say we don't actually have a fix for the Gen 5 guys. Nearly all of our Gen 5 users are federal agencies that mandate strong-side carry, and our special operations clients who carry AIWB are running Gen 3 guns.
    Sounds like Raven is prioritizing agencies and multi-user contracts, which must make financial sense. Hopefully there will continue to be companies that cater to the single "one holster at a time" user.

With all the folks making kydex these days, it shouldn't be too hard to find something to suit one's needs.
    Last edited by Redhat; 05-11-2018 at 09:34 PM.

Can anyone advise if the Perun LC will work with a legacy X300? (Non Ultra)

Raven Concealment Systems Perun (Phantom Replacement)

It all comes down to sample size, unfortunately. I have no idea what the headcount was at Tom's class, but even if there were 500 attendees, and 499 of them were rocking M&P 9mm full-size pistols, there doesn't seem to be any corollary to that population and RCS's sales figures. Looking at a track record of over a decade of holster sales (to include the time period where M&P's were still the new hotness and being touted as a potential "Glock-killer") has shown that the demographic that buys M&P duty-size pistols is not motivated to buy Raven Concealment-branded products to carry their weapons.

I wish the numbers were there to justify building the tooling, because you guys are certainly a vocal demographic, and not shy about demanding support -- you just don't vote with your wallets.
    I’m pretty vocal about the TLR-1 version of holsters because the people that pay me gave me a Glock with one on it and they want me carrying it.

I appreciate y’all making holsters that I can use. I have a bunch and I’m very satisfied with them.

I’m probably going to buy 2 or 3 light bearing Perun holsters, and maybe 1 or 2 more without lights.

Thanks,

JR1572
    Last edited by JR1572; 05-14-2018 at 05:00 AM.

Sounds like Raven is prioritizing agencies and multi-user contracts, which must make financial sense. Hopefully there will continue to be companies that cater to the single "one holster at a time" user.
    Many companies make products based on needs of Mil/LE. It's not uncommon. I wish more companies would do that, because they make an effort to put more emphasis on making ONE solid product, than catering to the masses by producing several mediocre products. Contrary to popular belief, holsters ARE different. It's not as easy as, "make it for this gun next."

Raven Concealment Systems Perun (Phantom Replacement)

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    I'm really curious as to whether or not people are satisfied with their peruns compared to their phantoms. Raven made an excellent product in the Phantom.
    I am.

The phantom is a great holster. The Perun is better. I expect for most it will be an improvement. For some the phantom will work better.
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

User Tag List