Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Systems Perun (Phantom Replacement)

I'm happy with my Perun, though as said before I'd like the option to tighten the grip against the body a wee bit more. It's good now, but not great. This could be accomplished with a pancake-style loop on the back and standard loop up front. This floats the slide side away from the body while pulling in on the grip side a bit. The thing (maybe the only thing) I like about my Bravo Concealment BCA (think Phantom) is the option to mix and match standard and pancake loops to have a balanced, grip-centric, or slide-centric tightness pattern.
    Last edited by Larry T; 05-08-2018 at 03:36 PM.

RCS Michael,
    I know this was asked already in this thread, but is there any hope for a light bearing Eidolon? Seems you have cracked the x300 interface issue.
    The Eidolon just plain works for me and I've been holding off on having another company make a light bearing appendix model.
    I would have a hard time going back to Kydex after being spoiled with the Eidolon.
    It doesn’t have to be fun to be fun ― Mark Twight

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    I'm happy with my Perun, though as said before I'd like the option to tighten the grip against the body a wee bit more. It's good now, but not great. This could be accomplished with a pancake-style loop on the back and standard loop up front. This floats the slide side away from the body while pulling in on the grip side a bit. The thing (maybe the only thing) I like about my Bravo Concealment BCA (think Phantom) is the option to mix and match standard and pancake loops to have a balanced, grip-centric, or slide-centric tightness pattern.
    Larry, as I already explained on pages 17-18 of this thread, a "pancake style loop on the back" is not feasible due to the difference in design of the holster body versus a Phantom. Such a loop would pull the butt of the grip in so aggressively that it would impede establishing a master grip AND would pull the top of the slide out away from the body causing it to print, and that's assuming you'd be able to get your belt to bend that aggressively around the holster body to be able to thread it through the rear loop.

The loops that are on the holster a actually a hybrid of the legacy Phantom loops AND the legacy pancake wings, so in a way, you already have what you're requesting.
    Michael Goerlich
    Owner
    Raven Concealment Systems, LLC
    www.ravenconcealment.com

@RCSMichael any plans to offer this for the Beretta 92?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Doublestack45 View Post
    RCS Michael,
    I know this was asked already in this thread, but is there any hope for a light bearing Eidolon? Seems you have cracked the x300 interface issue.
    The Eidolon just plain works for me and I've been holding off on having another company make a light bearing appendix model.
    I would have a hard time going back to Kydex after being spoiled with the Eidolon.
    There are updates coming for the Eidolon, but not till later this year at the earliest. Our design and tool-making capacity is completely maxed out supporting existing projects.
    Michael Goerlich
    Owner
    www.ravenconcealment.com

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    @RCSMichael any plans to offer this for the Beretta 92?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Beretta doesn't rank very high in the queue. The next models in the line-up will likely be:

Glock 9mm + TLR-1HL
    Glock 19M + TLR-7/8
    Glock 19M + XC-1
    Sig P-320 Compact
    HK VP-9
    Ruger LC-9
    1911 5” Government profile
    Springfield XDS

This order is subject to shuffling, but that's what the plan is thus far. We have contract requirements for the first three, so you can expect plenty of Glock models in the near future.
    Michael Goerlich
    Owner
    www.ravenconcealment.com

This is potentially off topic, but I spoke with someone at RCS a few months ago about moduloaders being difficult to find, and it was mentioned that they were being redesigned. Is that something still in the works? I'm a big fan of them for many reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    This is potentially off topic, but I spoke with someone at RCS a few months ago about moduloaders being difficult to find, and it was mentioned that they were being redesigned. Is that something still in the works? I'm a big fan of them for many reasons.
    They are being redesigned as part of a product-line-wide effort to eliminate the "erector set" aspect that has plagued our products since day one. The ModuLoader Frames redesign is not a front-burner effort, because our design and tool-making resources are totally maxed out supporting the current contracts and Perun/Perun LC project. Incidentally, the Eidolon reboot (again, to eliminate all the screws and washers and barrel-nuts) will come before it, too.
    Michael Goerlich
    Owner
    www.ravenconcealment.com

Quote Originally Posted by RCSMichael View Post
    The next models in the line-up will likely be:

Glock 9mm + TLR-1HL
    Glock 19M + TLR-7/8
    Glock 19M + XC-1
    Sig P-320 Compact
    HK VP-9
    Ruger LC-9
    1911 5” Government profile
    Springfield XDS
    Seeing the one noticable absence from that list - M&P - is too bad. While I've seen your numbers on orders, that wasn't the way things sorted out at Tom Given's last DARC soiree.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    Seeing the one noticable absence from that list - M&P - is too bad. While I've seen your numbers on orders, that wasn't the way things sorted out at Tom Given's last DARC soiree.
    It all comes down to sample size, unfortunately. I have no idea what the headcount was at Tom's class, but even if there were 500 attendees, and 499 of them were rocking M&P 9mm full-size pistols, there doesn't seem to be any corollary to that population and RCS's sales figures. Looking at a track record of over a decade of holster sales (to include the time period where M&P's were still the new hotness and being touted as a potential "Glock-killer") has shown that the demographic that buys M&P duty-size pistols is not motivated to buy Raven Concealment-branded products to carry their weapons.

I wish the numbers were there to justify building the tooling, because you guys are certainly a vocal demographic, and not shy about demanding support -- you just don't vote with your wallets.
    Michael Goerlich
    Owner
    www.ravenconcealment.com

User Tag List