Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Systems Perun (Phantom Replacement)

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    While true, if concealment becomes an issue from such a small area, OWB carry might not be the best solution. Lots of folks are now carrying compensated Glock 19's, compensated Glock 17's, and Glock 34's, so the length is a catch-all, just like it being fully ambidextrous.
    But it’s not the same as being ambi. I shouldn’t be penalized with my G19 because other people carry a G34 or a comped gun. I’ll just spend my money with JMCK or Darkstar Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    But it’s not the same as being ambi. I shouldn’t be penalized with my G19 because other people carry a G34 or a comped gun. I’ll just spend my money with JMCK or Darkstar Gear.
    Am i missing something? I would imagine that a G19 pre ruin with a light is in the cards?

That's a question, not a statement, i may have skimmed over it in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I’m a bit disappointed that there is one length. If I get a holster for my G19 and X300u I don’t want extra material hanging down. For range or open carry - no big deal. But I’m giving up concealabilty with that design. It negates the reason for canting the holster.
    If you carry a Glock 19 and choose to mount an X-300U on it, you have effectively just chosen to carry a gun that is approximately the length of a 5" 1911.

Whether you cant the holster or run it straight-drop, the overall form factor of the holster is dictated by the bezel of that light. I could have shortened the slide "tunnel" to a Glock 19 length, and it wouldn't have made the holster any shorter. And even if I had made the the bottom of the holster with a lazy s-curve from the bezel of the light up to the end of a Glock 19 slide, you'd have to wear it at about a 20+ degree cant to exploit the "more concealable" form factor of that design.

I'll "Pepsi Challenge" the Perun LC up against a dedicated OWB Glock 19 + X300U holster from any other company when it comes to concealability.
    Michael Goerlich
    Owner
    Raven Concealment Systems, LLC
    www.ravenconcealment.com

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Am i missing something? I would imagine that a G19 pre ruin with a light is in the cards?

That's a question, not a statement, i may have skimmed over it in the thread.
    Perun LC production will be based on the form-factor of the lights available on the market.

We will not make a Perun LC for the Glock 19 with X-300U because the X-300U makes the holster as long as a Glock 34.

Conversely, in a few weeks, we will be dropping a Glock 19M + TLR-7/8 holster, because the light and pistol slide end together. We will NOT be making a Glock 17 + TLR7/8 for the same reason we won't make a Glock 19 + X300U holster.
    Michael Goerlich
    Owner
    Raven Concealment Systems, LLC
    www.ravenconcealment.com

Quote Originally Posted by RCSMichael View Post
    If you carry a Glock 19 and choose to mount an X-300U on it, you have effectively just chosen to carry a gun that is approximately the length of a 5" 1911.

Whether you cant the holster or run it straight-drop, the overall form factor of the holster is dictated by the bezel of that light. I could have shortened the slide "tunnel" to a Glock 19 length, and it wouldn't have made the holster any shorter. And even if I had made the the bottom of the holster with a lazy s-curve from the bezel of the light up to the end of a Glock 19 slide, you'd have to wear it at about a 20+ degree cant to exploit the "more concealable" form factor of that design.

I'll "Pepsi Challenge" the Perun LC up against a dedicated OWB Glock 19 + X300U holster from any other company when it comes to concealability.
    Well I suppose we’ll just have to agree to disagree. Shorter is shorter. If the front of my shirt comes up from wind or me reaching into a pocket, then having the holster no longer than the muzzle can very much matter.

Site Supporter
    RCSMichael has there been any consideration (if you can comment) on a G19/XC1 compatible model?
    Polite Professional

Quote Originally Posted by RCSMichael View Post
    Perun LC production will be based on the form-factor of the lights available on the market.

We will not make a Perun LC for the Glock 19 with X-300U because the X-300U makes the holster as long as a Glock 34.

Conversely, in a few weeks, we will be dropping a Glock 19M + TLR-7/8 holster, because the light and pistol slide end together. We will NOT be making a Glock 17 + TLR7/8 for the same reason we won't make a Glock 19 + X300U holster.
    Roger that, it all makes sense and I hear ya.

Just thinking out loud but are you guys satisfied with the model range that you're offering now? I recently attended some training and I wore one of my Phantoms and everyone from a variety of agencies was going all goo goo gaga over it. Unfortunately, when I told them that the Phantom was no longer available and they would have to order a Perun, they all lost interest.

I don't really expect you guys to answer this but are you 100% satisfied with the Perun versus your older offering? Besides a cost savings to the customer and a vastly superior production method are you guys confident that the design is superior to the legacy product?

Roger that, it all makes sense and I hear ya.

Just thinking out loud but are you guys satisfied with the model range that you're offering now? I recently attended some training and I wore one of my Phantoms and everyone from a variety of agencies was going all goo goo gaga over it.
    What rock have these guys been living under that they haven't seen a Kydex pancake holster? Eleventy billion other companies make them and many look indistinguishable from one another.

I'm surprised it took them this long to dump Kydex, what a pain in the ass way to make a holster. Good riddance to the days of $100 Kydex holsters with a 12 week wait.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    What rock have these guys been living under that they haven't seen a Kydex pancake holster? Eleventy billion other companies make them and many look indistinguishable from one another.

I'm surprised it took them this long to dump Kydex, what a pain in the ass way to make a holster. Good riddance to the days of $100 Kydex holsters with a 12 week wait.
    We are cops....

99% of cops aren't gun people.

99% of gun owners aren't gun people...

Im surprised that you're surprised by this.

We are cops....

99% of cops aren't gun people.

99% of gun owners aren't gun people...

Im surprised that you're surprised by this.
    99% of cops ain't gonna spend $100 on a holster either. Enter the Perun...

User Tag List