Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Systems Perun (Phantom Replacement)

I was wondering when they were gonna dump Kydex and go all in with injection molded. Cooking Kydex must be a huge pain in the ass.

I like, especially if the price point is ball park correct. Looks like it will be easy to accommodate for IWB with some different mounting options.

It is however a mixed bag. Going to the injection molding process limits flexibility. You used to be able to get lots of variant, but lately it seems they have standardized on a few combos and the rest are gone. Makes sense from a business standpoint, but man I want a Phantom for my G19 + APLc.

I don't know why they haven't made the Eidolon for a G43. Duh!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    I don't know why they haven't made the Eidolon for a G43. Duh!
    I'm sure it's in the works as I'm pretty sure KD4 has had one for several months.

Their owner had a solid post in an Facebook group about the eidolon. Like many, I’ve been wanting a light bearing one for as long as they’ve been out but he basically said that with all of the government contracts they were getting for OWB holsters it just hasn’t been feasible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is injection-molded of a polymer blend that is substantially stronger than Kydex or Boltaron
    I was under the impression they kydex/boltaron was popular because it is stronger than injection molded. Did this change/was I misinformed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Cancel your order, I’ll sell you one of mine (assuming you want one for a Gen4 19/23).
    g4 17 unfortunately. Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    I was under the impression they kydex/boltaron was popular because it is stronger than injection molded. Did this change/was I misinformed?
    I do not think that would technically be the case, maybe an expectation from the stuff some common injection molded holsters are molded from. I actually would think stronger plastic with a higher melt temperature would be injection moldable.

IM plastics vary in strength. I’d bet RCS has a winner.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Maybe I'm alone here, but I can't get excited about this design. It seems to be trying to be all things to all people with a full shield on both sides, multiple different kinds of attachments, left handed or right handed compatible. I imagine this being more attractive for agency/gov sales than individual enthusiasts, although most agency requirements for issued OWB holsters require some kind of active retention. As an enthusiast, I know exactly how I want my holsters setup, and it's generally not best achieved by a "one size fits all" solution.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Im sure it will be great for what it is, but I just can't help but see.........FOBUSSSSSSS��

Im sorry. I said it.
    Agreed. They are saying this is like an OWB Eidolon. I hope not, as I did not care for the Eidolon, particularly the gun fit / retention.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-18-2017 at 10:38 AM.

User Tag List