Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Systems Perun (Phantom Replacement)

Site Supporter
    Dave Spaulding refers to the ability for this holster to be set to a muzzle forward cant ( HERE )... but I'm not seeing this muzzle-forward cant discussed in any of the official literature (not that I've found so far).

Can this be canted muzzle forward and if yes, by how much?
    Seems like choices would be +10 / 0 / -10 (if -10 is even possible). Nothing in between, I assume.?

Ordered one this morning... just wondering on the cant question.

TIA
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 11-29-2017 at 11:24 AM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

just got mine

http://instagram.com/p/BcslW_Uhsjq/

gana start testing it.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Mine arrived — looks and feels good.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Got a shipment notification day before yesterday.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Bizarre that they mention VP9 holster sales are much higher than the M&P series. I see the latter in use faaaaaar more.

Works for me though, I just need one for my VP9 anyway.
    Last edited by Peally; 12-14-2017 at 06:56 PM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Bizarre that they mention VP9 holster sales are much higher than the M&P series. I see the latter in use faaaaaar more.

Works for me though, I just need one for my VP9 anyway.
    Yeah, but most HK owners self identify with Raven, as most M&P owners with Uncle Mike’s.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I always wanted to like Uncle Mike's since I had an uncle Mike on both sides of the family. Couldn't do it so I settled for JM Custom.

I just ordered one for the G17. We shall see how it works.
    I am expecting it to work well for me.

Received mine yesterday- I just switched it over from the 10 degree RH to the 10 degree LH orientation, this morning. I've been carrying it on my Widerness 1.5" belt for a few hours now, with about two dozen presentations so far. My initial impression is that it rides at a very good and manageable height; it rides as close as my Phantom; it seems to conceal better than the Phantom, as the G19 butt rides a bit closer; my G19 has the trigger guard rounded off by Boresights Solutions, necessitating me to tension the holster to the maximum setting (my duty G23 in stock configuration locked perfectly with the tension an minimum...); I may be cutting down the inboard body shield, as it may be getting in the way of me gripping of the pistol (I need more realistic and fast/tactical/training presentations to verify...); quality is 100% Raven, nothing cheap here despite the selling price- this holster is a very viable piece of kit. Well done Raven Concealment!!!
    More to come...

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Received mine yesterday- I just switched it over from the 10 degree RH to the 10 degree LH orientation, this morning. I've been carrying it on my Widerness 1.5" belt for a few hours now, with about two dozen presentations so far. My initial impression is that it rides at a very good and manageable height; it rides as close as my Phantom; it seems to conceal better than the Phantom, as the G19 butt rides a bit closer; my G19 has the trigger guard rounded off by Boresights Solutions, necessitating me to tension the holster to the maximum setting (my duty G23 in stock configuration locked perfectly with the tension an minimum...); I may be cutting down the inboard body shield, as it may be getting in the way of me gripping of the pistol (I need more realistic and fast/tactical/training presentations to verify...); quality is 100% Raven, nothing cheap here despite the selling price- this holster is a very viable piece of kit. Well done Raven Concealment!!!
    More to come...
    Thanks for the mini-review. I'll probably order one but at the moment I'm comparing it to the Bravo BCA for OWB concealment. Seems the obvious advantage is less material fore and aft of the muzzle end of the slide. The Bravo BCA is terrible for being able to access the right-side pants pocket, assuming a 3 o'clock position.

User Tag List