Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Systems Perun (Phantom Replacement)

Raven Concealment Systems Perun (Phantom Replacement)

Raven Concealment Systems has given first look at their new strong-side outside-the-waistband (OWB) holster to SSD. It is called the Perun, named after the Slavic war god.

The holster can be described as the best features of the Eidolon holster body merged with the body-hugging strong-side profile of the Phantom.

The holster body’s design, clearly based heavily on the Eidolon, significantly reduces the holster’s overall size, making it more concealable. This smaller profile is also more comfortable while seated in vehicles.

Because the body is ambidextrous, it comes with 1.5” belt-loops designed to allow left or right-handed shooters to configure it for either 10-degree cant or a 0-degree cant. This ambidextrous design philosophy has been present in all of RCS’s latest products (like the VanGuard 2, Eidolon, Morrigan, and Copia product families) and simplifies inventory for retailers and government clients because there is no need to try to forecast how many lefty holsters need to be ordered.

Unlike the Phantom (which it replaces in the RCS lineup) the Perun has an innovative adjustable retention slider that allows a uniquely crisp retention that is unmatched by other polymer holsters. Unlike the more traditional “screw-through-rubber gasket” style of adjustable retention, the Perun’s retention design allows easy tension adjustments that do not back off after repeated draws.

It is injection-molded of a polymer blend that is substantially stronger than Kydex or Boltaron, and allows it to remain functional after sustained exposure to high temperature levels that would cause Kydex holsters to lose their form.

The Perun will be available for pre-launch purchase on Black Friday, with units shipping in time to be under the tree for Christmas morning. The first three models it will be available for will be:

Glock 17 (Gen 5/Glock M and backward compatible)
    Glock 19 (Gen 5/Glock M and backward compatible)
    Glock 43

Following quickly thereafter, will be a Perun LC for:
    Glock 19/17/34 + Streamlight TLR-1 HL
    Glock 19/17/34 + Surefire X-300U

Followed quickly thereafter by (order subject to change based on .gov orders):
    Sig P-320
    Sig P-320 Compact
    HK VP-9
    S&W M&P Shield 9mm (2.0 and backward compatible)
    Ruger LC-9
    1911 5” Government profile
    Springfield XDS

The list will continue to have models added as units move through tool-up and into production.

Additional belt attachment options will also be unveiled in the coming months.

As with all RCS products, they are made in the USA and are backed with an unconditional lifetime warranty.

If you want to be notified the minute they are available, be sure to sign up for the newsletter here.
    Source: http://soldiersystems.net/2017/11/17...perun-holster/

I've heard rumors that the price point will be around 35 USD, but no idea of that's dealer, street, or MSRP.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 11-17-2017 at 05:41 PM.

I dig it, especially if the price point is true. Looks like the Glock Sport/Combat Holster and the Eidolon had a baby.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Does this mean they will have time for my freya that has been on back order for 12 months?

Glad to see they are going with user adjustable retention, that had been my only complaint with the phantoms.

I already use a phantom for USPSA, so this being cheaper and more versatile as a cross-use holster intrigues me greatly.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

That looks interesting. I'm in the market for an OWB for the CZ P-07. Bummed that's not on the list.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    That looks interesting. I'm in the market for an OWB for the CZ P-07. Bummed that's not on the list.
    I was thinking the same for the sig 226/229. I'm sure as time goes on the product line will expand.

If it's a full phantom replacement there's no doubt they'll release all the other models. I'm sure they're just focusing on the big sellers and contracts first.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

It looks like a Blade Tech Total Eclipse with some different styling cues...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im sure it will be great for what it is, but I just can't help but see.........FOBUSSSSSSS��

Im sorry. I said it.
    Last edited by NickDrak; 11-17-2017 at 10:55 PM.

User Tag List