Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Systems Perun (Phantom Replacement)

Quote Originally Posted by krax View Post
    Now that I've had Peruns for a month or so, I'm happy to say that I've got no issues with it. The dual sweat guards are not a problem at all.

I do still wish for 1.75" belt loops so that I can use it more often, but for now the Perun fills a niche at work between my AIWB setup and my semi-concealed OWB setup. It's an ideal holster under a sport coat.
    I agree. Wear mine every day I am able.

I set mine for AOWB.

I have similar feelings about the sweat guards, nonissue for me either.

Fit is secure for either my G19.5 or G26.5.

Love the price too.

Also, even if the guards bothered someone, the material is pretty easy to work. Tin snips and a piece of sandpaper and you can have nice, smooth edges where you cut it down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I agree. Wear mine every day I am able.

I set mine for AOWB.

I have similar feelings about the sweat guards, nonissue for me either.

Fit is secure for either my G19.5 or G26.5.

Love the price too.
    Rich, you carry appendix outside the waistband?
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    Rich, you carry appendix outside the waistband?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Yes.
    I feel like I should amplify this a bit: I had a need for a holster that would account for a lot of sitting in a truck and living at a campsite for a good part of the year. I am also not young and thin, being more of a roundish shape than when I was in my 20s. My experience with AIWB was limited to test-fitting a few holsters which resulted in discomfort, mainly sitting down.

I was suggested a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit by @GJM for my P30SK, which also worked well for my G19 (The Upper Limit is a leather OWB).

I normally wore/wear camping zip off shorts with a 1 1/2" leather gun belt (also Mitch Rosen) and the Upper Limit worked well, sliding from AOWB location (standing) over and left (I am a lefty) slightly on the belt when sitting. It worked well.

I bought a used RCS Eidolon, which had a crack in the attachment bracket. I contacted RCS who offered me (astonishingly for used holster, I felt) a full replacement for the Eidolon bracket or a new RCS Perun (my choice) for my G19.5.

The Perun is really working out; lightweight, strong, very reasonable price. And for me, fully ambi is a huge deal. Plus the setup works well for me for the aforrementioned AOWB position.
    Last edited by RJ; 06-25-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Site Supporter
    @RCSMichael, did you guy's drop the moduloaders?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    @RCSMichael, did you guy's drop the moduloaders?
    I know right!? There is no more versitile mag holster system in existance than the RCS Moduloader with HSGI Tacos. I have one for pistol and one for rifle and its the most solid gear I have wether I'm shooting USPSA competition or long range or training or hunting or whatever. There is no better system in existance. If they stopped making it I'm going to start looking for someone selling theirs just to get another.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSMichael View Post
    Sorry for the lag...I was on the road last week for SOFIC and didn't have time to monitor the forums.

The P320 Compact will be the first Sig model to drop, and they should begin cutting the mold cavities for it in the next couple weeks. The LC versions are a bit further behind, but in the works.
    Looking forward to it. Been buying your stuff since before Trek was modeling it. Have a special run MDFI phantom around somewhere.

Really glad to hear you're going to support the P320. I'd buy a fullsize Perun or Eidolon the second they are available. I assume it's still in the works?

Quote Originally Posted by S R View Post
    I know right!? There is no more versitile mag holster system in existance than the RCS Moduloader with HSGI Tacos. I have one for pistol and one for rifle and its the most solid gear I have wether I'm shooting USPSA competition or long range or training or hunting or whatever. There is no better system in existance. If they stopped making it I'm going to start looking for someone selling theirs just to get another.
    The Moduloaders were dropped to make something better.

I like the Moduloaders, but as Michael had previously stated, something that doesn't require seven hands to install is in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    The Moduloaders were dropped to make something better.

I like the Moduloaders, but as Michael had previously stated, something that doesn't require seven hands to install is in the future.
    Meh... You need to install once. I don't really care. So long as something can do the same job at holding the excellent Tacos I've come to know and love.

On the RCS SIG holsters though, going to need a some action on that front!

User Tag List