Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Systems Perun (Phantom Replacement)

Raven Concealment Systems Perun (Phantom Replacement)

Interesting thread, this sounds to me like the Innovator's Dilemma applied to holster manufacturing.

@RCSMichael, I have been an RCS fan for over 12 years, still have many The Malabar Front receipts in my inbox. Us long term fans may lament the loss of your custom manufacturing capability but we mean that out of deep respect and admiration for you and your company that you earned over many years and many sales. You innovated and set the gold standard for an entire industry and you should forever be proud of that.

I wish you best of luck in your new products and will for sure give them consideration. Maybe one day you'll get so big you will consider opening up a custom shop again .
    Last edited by zephyr; 11-20-2017 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    x2

I hope it's more comfortable than the Total Eclipse, which looks good in the box, but doesn't work (for me) at all.
    I've got a total eclipse coming. When the perun comes out I'll get one and compare the two.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I never thought I would utter these words, but: I will buy an new OWB holster! And it will be the Perun holster. As much as I like and use/have used all my Phantom/Phantom LC holsters, the new Perun seems worth exploring. Size matters, and the size of this new holster for me will be a winner. Especially seated in a vehicle.

@RCSMichael, any idea of when these will be available for order?

Does anybody else keep thinking this is a pre-run due to mentally auto-correcting the product name? Just wondering how retarded I've become.

Also, it would be cool if RCS sent the holster with a piece of plastic that snaps into the void below the retention screw to block it from walking down. You could trim it to suit your level of retention. I dunno. Just thinking out loud.

I say this as I would be mildly annoyed if the retention was cranked up really high all of a sudden but I would be pissed if my gun popped out because retention was significantly reduced without my knowledge.

I’d be in for a group buy as well.

As for the various fasteners walking out over time, am I the only one anal enough loctite holster mounting and retention fasteners??

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    I’d be in for a group buy as well.

As for the various fasteners walking out over time, am I the only one anal enough loctite holster mounting and retention fasteners??
    The point of adjustable retention screws is that they're adjustable....loctite prevents that.

A better solution would be a captive assembly.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The point of adjustable retention screws is that they're adjustable....loctite prevents that.

A better solution would be a captive assembly.
    Not sure how a captive assembly would prevent fasteners from loosening up over time, either due to vibration, movement or compression set in the mating materials. Captive assembly would prevent loosing the hardware once it comes out.

I get the adjustability part, but I’ve never had to go readjust holsters. If you’re using the same holster for EDC as a match I can see wanting to adjust it regularly. Star washers, lock washers can effectively replace loctite on fasteners, even in high vibration applications. If you’re having issues that are not being managed by the rubber spacers under adjustment screws you may want to replace the rubber spacer (material has set) or add a small star washer under the head of the adjustment screw. Assuming you can’t or won’t loctite the screw.

Is there any option in the future for a no sweat guard version?

User Tag List