Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Systems Perun (Phantom Replacement)

http://rcsgear.com/perun-owb-holster-glock-with-tlr7-8/

RCS released the Perun for the 19 with a TLR-7/8. My order has been placed.

Needing a light bearing left handed holster to try with my new X300U and not wanting to wait or pay a ton, I ordered one.

Received both of these today. Very impressed with fit and finish. The tlr7 model is high and tight and should conceal quite well with minimal work. The x300 is obviously longer but not bad.

Just wrapped up a 2 week firearms instructor course using the Perun. I like this holster a lot, and think that it represents outstanding quality and performance for the money.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

The retention on my tlr7 is very lacking. With it set to max it is barely “clicking” in. I can barely pull on the gun and it comes out. The x300 model on the other hand has good retention at halfway adjustment. Going to contact rcs, hopefully this can be addressed. I really like the holster but the retention is pretty pathetic in the tlr7 as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    The retention on my tlr7 is very lacking. With it set to max it is barely “clicking” in. I can barely pull on the gun and it comes out. The x300 model on the other hand has good retention at halfway adjustment. Going to contact rcs, hopefully this can be addressed. I really like the holster but the retention is pretty pathetic in the tlr7 as of now.
    Read the instructions.

I had the same issue, but ultimately read the instructions and noted that I should remove the spacer.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    Read the instructions.

I had the same issue, but ultimately read the instructions and noted that I should remove the spacer.
    Thank you I will check tonight.

14hr day at the shop so excuse me if I am missing something obvious. But where is this spacer at, and where in the instructions am I missing about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post

14hr day at the shop so excuse me if I am missing something obvious. But where is this spacer at, and where in the instructions am I missing about it?
    I may be wrong, but I believe the whole spacer thing applies to the TLR-1/TLR-1HL version, not the TLR-7 version. I have both and only the TLR-1 version has the spacer.

I’ll post some pics of them tomorrow.

The retention on my holster feels fine, but I’ll compare the retention with all of my 19 variants (4,5, & X) and see if I’m having any issues.

JR1572

Quote Originally Posted by JR1572 View Post
    I may be wrong, but I believe the whole spacer thing applies to the TLR-1/TLR-1HL version, not the TLR-7 version. I have both and only the TLR-1 version has the spacer.

I’ll post some pics of them tomorrow.

The retention on my holster feels fine, but I’ll compare the retention with all of my 19 variants (4,5, & X) and see if I’m having any issues.

JR1572
    The retention is good on the x300 as well. My issue is the tlr7. I do not know if it’s because the housing is smaller and squared vs the bigger round housing of the larger wml. Thank you for the info.

User Tag List