Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Systems Perun (Phantom Replacement)

99% of cops wont spend 50 dollars on a holster either.

The ones that ARE interested in this product line would spend a hundo.

I'm really curious as to whether or not people are satisfied with their peruns compared to their phantoms. Raven made an excellent product in the Phantom.

Personally, im holding out for color options before I dive in. Black is so 2008.

As soon as the TLR-1 HL versions are produced, I'll happily buy two, and have friends that will buy even more.

OWB Holster options for RMR'd pistols are extremely limited, so I'm excited to finally have a solid holster.

Site Supporter
    I'll probably give one a spin when an M&P 2.0C is available.

Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    RCSMichael has there been any consideration (if you can comment) on a G19/XC1 compatible model?
    Yes, because of contract requirements for a federal agency, the G19M+XC1 will be coming soon.
    Michael Goerlich
    Owner
    Raven Concealment Systems, LLC
    www.ravenconcealment.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSMichael View Post
    Yes, because of contract requirements for a federal agency, the G19M+XC1 will be coming soon.
    Outstanding, thank you.
    Polite Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Just thinking out loud but are you guys satisfied with the model range that you're offering now?
    Would I like to be offering more models? Sure. But I used to offer ALL the models, and then couldn't maintain an acceptable lead-time with so much product line diversity.

When I look back on over a decade of Phantom and Morrigan holster sales, I can tell you that Glock 17, 19, 43, and Shield accounted for over HALF of total sales. Add Glock 9's with U-boats and TLR-1's, and you've taken another 10%ish of that slack up. Basically, I have chosen losing out on the chance to make 100 CZ P-01 (or Sig P-226 Legion, or HK USP Tactical, or M&P .45) holsters per year in exchange for having the capacity to produce and sell an additional 3000 Glock holsters a year. And instead of needing 40-50 employees on the production shop floor to produce them, I only need five or six shop employees.

I traded a choke-point in production for a choke-point in design and tool-making/pre-manufacturing. We'll keep adding new models of Perun and Perun LC, but it would have been idiotic for me to have waited to launch the Perun while I spent a year building molds for 30 different guns, especially when you look at how high the labor costs were to sustain the Phantom line.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    I don't really expect you guys to answer this but are you 100% satisfied with the Perun versus your older offering? Besides a cost savings to the customer and a vastly superior production method are you guys confident that the design is superior to the legacy product?
    Absolutely. The Perun and Perun LC are superior in every way to the Phantom. The Perun answers all the old objections that I used to get from people about the Phantom:

"It doesn't have adjustable retention." Well, Perun does.

"It takes up too much space on the waistline." Perun is 30-50% smaller.

"I left my holster on the dashboard of my truck in August in Arizona." Perun won't melt flat.

"I get a crack down the front of the holster shell after about 10 months of use." Perun is made of a vastly stronger material that won't form stress fractures like that.

"I don't like waiting 16-18 weeks for my order." Perun is always in stock, because I can produce effectively unlimited quantities of them.

"My gun shop only has right-handed models in stock and I'm a lefty." Doesn't matter, because Perun is ambi.

"$100 is a lot of money for a couple pieces of Kydex." Yeah, well, the Perun costs less than HALF that.

Basically the Perun was designed so that it will ride just as closely as the Phantom. There are some who, due to the difference in the shape of the holster body, perceive that their Phantom rides closer, but from a geometry and design perspective, the Perun was designed to pull the gun as close or closer to the body as a Phantom on nearly any physique.

The Phantom was great for its time, but the design and manufacturing methods used to produce the Perun allow the Perun to outperform the Phantom in every way.
    Michael Goerlich
    Owner
    Raven Concealment Systems, LLC
    www.ravenconcealment.com

Hammertime

The Phantom was great for its time, but the design and manufacturing methods used to produce the Perun allow the Perun to outperform the Phantom in every way.
    Sounds great. I anxiously await the removable pull the dot Quick Mount Straps for the Perun.

Would I like to be offering more models? Sure. But I used to offer ALL the models, and then couldn't maintain an acceptable lead-time with so much product line diversity.

When I look back on over a decade of Phantom and Morrigan holster sale.....
    Michael, thank you for taking the time to respond. I appreciate the thoughtful conversation and awesome representation of your company you put forth here.

Just as soon as there are some color way options (probably wont wait but who knows) ill be picking up a few of these for work. Fashion is EXTREMELY important in law enforcement work. :P

Cheers.

CWM11B
    Any chance of resurrecting the j frame pocket holster in the Perun material? I could use a spare or three.

Fuck me. I bought a perun owb, still in the package lmao. Now with the light bearing out I have zero use for it. May conceal a little better, but if I am going owb I might as well run the x300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List