Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Systems Perun (Phantom Replacement)

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The point of adjustable retention screws is that they're adjustable....loctite prevents that.

A better solution would be a captive assembly.
    Vibra-Tite works very well in this application. Its a re-settable thread lock material. I believe JMCK uses such a product on his holsters.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    Vibra-Tite works very well in this application. Its a re-settable thread lock material. I believe JMCK uses such a product on his holsters.
    Beat me to it. I bought a tube of Vibra-Tite on Tony's recommendation. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    x2

I hope it's more comfortable than the Total Eclipse, which looks good in the box, but doesn't work (for me) at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I've got a total eclipse coming. When the perun comes out I'll get one and compare the two.
    The Total Eclipse is a soup sandwich. The original Eclipse is a much better holster.

Quote Originally Posted by marshy View Post
    @RCSMichael, any idea of when these will be available for order?
    It says in their announcement Black Friday, which is an American... observance that will be celebrated on 24.11 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Also, it would be cool if RCS sent the holster with a piece of plastic that snaps into the void below the retention screw to block it from walking down. You could trim it to suit your level of retention. I dunno. Just thinking out loud.

I say this as I would be mildly annoyed if the retention was cranked up really high all of a sudden but I would be pissed if my gun popped out because retention was significantly reduced without my knowledge.
    It doesn't need a plastic insert because the retention doesn't work like a traditional "rubber grommet and screw" retention. The reason your retention backs off on most pistols is because the rubber gasket or spring that is used to apply counter-pressure to the retention screw flexes every time you draw and re-holster your pistol. That repeated flexing gradually causes the screw to back off.

The slider on the Perun is not exposed to that sort of flexing. Find the setting you like, tighten the screw, and it will stay.
    Michael Goerlich
    Owner
    Raven Concealment Systems, LLC
    www.ravenconcealment.com

Quote Originally Posted by acaixguard View Post
    Is there any option in the future for a no sweat guard version?
    No plans whatsoever.

Out of curiosity, what does the sweat guard prevent you from doing? What would necessitate its removal?
    Michael Goerlich
    Owner
    Raven Concealment Systems, LLC
    www.ravenconcealment.com

Thanks for the reply Michael.

I have 2 main issues with sweat guards in general. They interfere with my ability to get a good firing grip. The way that I grip my gun causes my thumb to "pinch" against the guard inward, causing my draw to be impeded a bit. The other issue is that I find sweat guards uncomfortable on kydex holsters. Not a big deal when the gun is holstered, but as I'm moving with the gun drawn, the edges and corners of the sweat guards tend to pinch against my skin. I am 5'9" and 140 lbs with a size 30 waist, so extra baggage around the middle isn't my issue.

I had the Morrigan holster which I overall liked, but ended up selling because I couldn't get used to the double sweat guards.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RCSMichael View Post
    No plans whatsoever.

Out of curiosity, what does the sweat guard prevent you from doing? What would necessitate its removal?
    For me, my Phantom sweat shield (the older .060 kydex, I believe) is like a kydex knife in my side. With the gun holstered, the gun gives some relief, but unholstered and sitting, or with lateral torso movement is not pleasant. I generally try to avoid sweat shield if possible, especially on OWB holsters, though I understand their value IWB.

My Phantom is for a 1911. I prefer getting poked by the thumb safety, grip safety, and hammer as they are more rounded (and of course offset a bit more from my body) than the Phantom sweat shield. It is (was) a great holster, and I've recommended it to many over the years (including just the other day, only to find they are all gone, when I gave the guy a link), but I'd have preferred it without the shield.

I'm rooting for you guys and your new product, though. I grew up in East Cleveland, and went to CSU, so I'll always have a soft spot for the Cleveland area businesses.

I like the adjustability and reduced foot print. With the low price point, I’ll remove, sand, fine, bend, or dremel whatever part of the sweat guard(s) that need it.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    It says in their announcement Black Friday, which is an American... observance that will be celebrated on 24.11 this year.
    Gotcha! Even on the dark continent we (our retailers) are on the ball with offering Black Friday discounts. Going to pounce on one tomorrow!

User Tag List