Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Systems Perun (Phantom Replacement)

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I think they're going to sell a bunch of them. The price point is really good, it is a versatile holster, and looks like a quality product.
    Just ordered one. $39, what the heck, don't have an owb holster and figure can't hurt to have one for that price.

I've been on a mini-crusade over the years to get folks to stop buying SERPA's and nylon holsters. Most of them realize they aren't great holsters, but for whatever reason they just can't bring themselves to pay $70+ for a holster, regardless of how many $500 (and up) guns they own.

Hopefully, at this price point I can convince some of these folks to get a Perum (which seems like a good design that is well executed) rather than the junk, folks have been buying.

Lightbulb

For those - like me - who think they must have a more-traditional Raven...well, they still make the Roland Special.

http://raven-concealment-systems1.my...ecial-holster/
    Last edited by Wendell; 11-24-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Rather than quoting a bunch of people I'll just answer some of the FAQ's I am seeing here and elsewhere on the web:

1) Colors - YES, there will be other colors offered, but probably not until summer 2018. The focus for us when launching a new product is to limit the number of options, thereby eliminating the amount of consumer confusion. Plus, we really are prioritizing making models for additional types of pistols ahead of cosmetic offerings.

2) Other models - YES, there will be light compatible (LC) models, and soon. YES, there will be additional models of pistol supported - see the list embedded in the Soldier Systems Daily article. That list shows what we have designs either finished or nearly finished for, and we will likely add more models over the coming months as our in-house injection mold-making team powers through that line-up.

3) IWB capability - YES, there will be an IWB accessory bundle available in the future, but probably not until sometime late in Q1 2018. When it does come online, we will still sell the holster as Perun OWB and Perun IWB SKU's, and then allow the IWB and OWB hardware bundles to be purchased separately. However, the reason we set the price point where we did was so there was no real reason to swap back and forth; for $80 total, you can have one IWB and one OWB holster and not have to ever fiddle with changing belt loops.

4) QMS and Drop/Offset kits - YES, there will be kits for these options, but probably not until Q1/Q2.

To summarize, the order of battle for us is:
    - Make more models of pistol first
    - Gradually add capabilities like IWB/QMS/DO
    - Offer more colors to stimulate sales during the summer sales slump

We had hoped to really surprise the market with the $39.99 price point. I am confident that you'll be hard-pressed to find such a high quality, feature-rich holster at even twice the price, especially once you have a chance to experience the "feel" of the holster when you slide your pistol into it for the first time. The retention feel is one of the things I'm most proud of on this holster.
    Michael Goerlich
    Owner
    Raven Concealment Systems, LLC
    www.ravenconcealment.com

I bought a pair of Perun's - the G17 and G19 models. I plan on running them for a while, and using them in classes as well.

Thanks for the nice deal and free shipping, Michael - much appreciated. Eighty bucks for a pair of holsters is pretty sweet.

Hammertime
    @RCSMichael : will the Perun be compatible with Quick Mount Straps?

I stopped carrying guns without lights some time ago and the 1911 is the only one I don't have an RCS holster for. Hopefully that and a Roland Special model will be around before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    @RCSMichael : will the Perun be compatible with Quick Mount Straps?
    Read post 85.
    Last edited by Wake27; 11-24-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I stopped carrying guns without lights some time ago and the 1911 is the only one I don't have an RCS holster for. Hopefully that and a Roland Special model will be around before too long.

Read post 85.
    Thank you. I saw the drop offset but skipped over the QMS acronym.

You forgot to put the M&P 2.0 on that list. You can cover both the full size and the compact with one holster. The 2.0 compact especially is stellar and selling really well so it would be good to have an option for it.

From their facebook page concerning holsters available for the M&P pistols : Unfortunately, as a manufacturer, I have no choice but to prioritize design resources based on projected sales volume. In this case, we have Phantom and Phantom LC sales data that goes back to the launch of the S&W M&P. The sad truth is that if you combine the total sales of our holsters sold for M&P Full Size, M&P .45, M&P Compact, M&P .45 Compact AND all of the corresponding light compatible variants, that total is still LESS than, for example, the HK VP-9 (which has been on the market for a fraction of the time, and is just ONE model). M&P owners are always vocal, but they have not historically voted with their wallets. I’m not saying we won’t support the M&P family, but its place on the priority list is directly related to historical sales data.

Here is a review of the Perun holster by Dave spaulding : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHjHMRwzvqs

I will be cutting the outside sweatband off of mine when it arrives.
    Last edited by Biggy; 11-29-2017 at 01:02 AM.

User Tag List